Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread
Mar 20, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #466 of 571
Wow, crazy...

No excuse when AMR is well funded...

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #467 of 571
If you're unhappy, you're best off talking to the company directly. More often than not the people who make the most noise (complaints) get sorted first. As opposed to last, as hinted in a previous post :¬)

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #468 of 571
Interesting to know who actually took the money for the DP-777 SE before they were produced? It seems like bad practice to take money so far in advance.
A friend  ordered the DP-777 SE and he was never asked for any money.He was advised that payment could be made when the unit was ready to send out to him.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #470 of 571
According to the AMR official press release from Jan....

Quad‐Core Digital Engine
We have always been enamoured with the Multi‐bit chipsets as their technology reflects a “golden era” of digital design based upon sonic performance as opposed to profit.
With a Quad‐Core configuration of four Philips UDA1305AT Multi‐bit chipsets, the sonics are now even deeper and richer with an inner resolution that is right up there with the very best of an “analogue sound” that is startlingly close to vinyl. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #471 of 571
  According to the AMR official press release from Jan....

Quad‐Core Digital Engine
We have always been enamoured with the Multi‐bit chipsets as their technology reflects a “golden era” of digital design based upon sonic performance as opposed to profit.
With a Quad‐Core configuration of four Philips UDA1305AT Multi‐bit chipsets, the sonics are now even deeper and richer with an inner resolution that is right up there with the very best of an “analogue sound” that is startlingly close to vinyl. 

I pray these words are true. I really want to be happy with my updated DP-777.

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #472 of 571
Cradon-

Did you pay in advance for an update, or a new SE ?

David

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #473 of 571
 I sent mine in for the update David.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #474 of 571
Cool… they received the 'parts' 5 weeks ago !  Not sure when this vaporware will ever become other than unobtainium...

When did you send it in ?   Did you pay in full ?

I sooooooo cannot wait until there are reports on the SE after break-in !!!

David

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #475 of 571
Sent it in this week. I haven't paid anything yet. I'm guessing they'll bill me when they have caught up and are ready to work on my unit.

I sooooooo can't wait to hear mine after burn-in.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #476 of 571
  Not sure when this vaporware will ever become other than unobtainium...

Hey David,
I really like the above quoted sentence a lot.
biggrin.gif

Besides that it is almost unblievable how relaxed you all are in regard to the continuing delay of the delivery of the SE.
If I were in the same position I already would have told AMR to get lost and scr... themselves.
I really hope that the result justifies this hassle.

Cheers
Kai

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #477 of 571
Hey Kai-

Haha thanks-

I'm w/ you 100% !  

This is exactly why I started this conversation on the SE, on this 'fanboy' DP-777 thread !   I wanted to wake up the "relaxed"….

I am only waiting about 6 weeks, since I heard the kits were officially shipped & a few of these were not spoken for & available to mere mortals...

These said kits arrived A MONTH ago…. I have yet to hear or read about any of these being installed & released… HAS ANYONE ELSE ???

I did hear that some of the kits arrived w/ 'bent' pins on some tubes & other mishaps, as hard as that is to believe-   

Of the few new SEs that have been distributed in the last 6 weeks, some of them were paid for in FULL over a year ago-

Apparently everyone that is an AMR fan, is expected to have the patience of Job, haha

David

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #478 of 571
David,

I really don't understand your continued rant?  The US distributor (Avatar) "to my knowledge" has not took anyones money before hand.   If he did I'm not aware of it.  The very few people I know did not send their money in first.  

If we DP-777 owners are fans boys as you say - what does that make you - a troll?   How are you waking up the relaxed?  If we are relaxed that only means we are happy with what we already have. Yes the SE upgrade is of interest and it will come no doubt.  If the upgrade was never even spoke of the DP-777 would still be the DP-777.  

The owner reviews and the professional reviews are well on their way.  God help us all if you was waiting for a BHSE - we wouldn't hear the last of it lol..  :)

Cheers man.. and take it easy..

beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #479 of 571
  Interesting to know who actually took the money for the DP-777 SE before they were produced?

I'd also like to hear answers to this this question. Has the money gone direct to AMR or to the local dealer - I presume the latter, in which case what do they have to say for themselves?

I don't recall any time in the past where a mainstream hifi company/dealer has taken advance payment in full unless it was at point of shipping.
Edit: And maybe I'm not using the Search function very well, but I can't find anyone here who has paid in full weeks before receiving their new AMR.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #480 of 571
Select Audio (UK distributor) were fine taking my pre-order for the DP-777SE without any advance payment.

I'd also like to hear answers to this this question. Has the money gone direct to AMR or to the local dealer - I presume the latter, in which case what do they have to say for themselves?

I don't recall any time in the past where a mainstream hifi company/dealer has taken advance payment in full unless it was at point of shipping.
Edit: And maybe I'm not using the Search function very well, but I can't find anyone here who has paid in full weeks before receiving their new AMR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back