AACS (HD-DVD, Bluray encryption) Cracked!
Dec 28, 2006 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

dulath

100+ Head-Fier
Engadget reports: http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/27/a...kuphddvd-tool/

What are the implications of this? How will this impact the big Studios willingness to put out HD content on consumer discs? How long before we see HD-DVD2 players with an even "more uncrackable" DRM?

As per forum policy, the actual mechanics of the crack should not be discussed.

Dec 28, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 34
The Java runtime environment is found in all linux desktop installations these days and has been for years
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 34
I HATE DRM with a passion, but this will make everything , and I mean everything, more difficult now, and it was already difficult enough. The studios were already insanely paranoid , and they will go berserk following this.
Has anyone not seen the steps they want to take regarding cable HDTV and the implications?
This is a negative for everyone. I generally applaud rebels , but there is nothing positive in this. This was totally misguided.
I hope they go after the hacker and take every possible step, including imprisonment. There was NO reason to attempt this! They simply decided to take on a pointless challenge and wreak havoc on anyone else, regardless of the consequences. They deserve whatever they get based on sheer stupidity.

JC

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I HATE DRM with a passion, but this will make everything , and I mean everything, more difficult now, and it was already difficult enough. The studios were already insanely paranoid , and they will go berserk following this.
Has anyone not seen the steps they watn to take regarding cable HDTV and the implications?
This is a negative for everyone. I generally applaud rebels , but there is nothing positive in this. This was totaly misguided.
I hope they go after the hacker and take every possible step, including imprisonment. There was NO reason to attempt this! They simply decided to take on a pointless challenge and wreak havoc on anyone else, regardless of the consequences. They deserve whatever they get based on sheer stupidity.

JC

The studios and hackers have been locked in a pissing contest for years. Surely no one with even an iota of common sense expected anything less to happen.

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #10 of 34
This is one more reason why the MPAA and the RIAA should spend more time on the actual content than protecting it. Hackers ALWAYS have more time and energy than paid employees.

I will never buy a pirated movie, but I hate being dictated what I can do with my stuff once I buy it. To that I say well done, hackers.

Where there is a will, there is a way...

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The studios and hackers have been locked in a pissing contest for years. Surely no one with even an iota of common sense expected anything less to happen.

But as I said, there was no point to this excepting ego. It's damaged so many things.

JC

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will never buy a pirated movie, but I hate being dictated what I can do with my stuff once I buy it.

That I completely agree with, but this act will not possibly change that.

JC

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But as I said, there was no point to this excepting ego. It's damaged so many things.

JC

Exactly, ego. Same with the MPAA, RIAA, etc, they're soley governed by their egos. If profitability was their concern they would be finding ways to add utility and value to their products to give people a reason to actually shell out their money, not starting a war they can't win.

The industry and hackers are in a war, and neither side cares in the least about casualties. Consumers should be trying to broker a ceasefire, not trying to pick sides.

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly, ego. Same with the MPAA, RIAA, etc, they're soley governed by their egos. If profitability was their concern they would be finding ways to add utility and value to their products to give people a reason to actually shell out their money, not starting a war they can't win.

The industry and hackers are in a war, and neither side cares in the least about casualties. Consumers should be trying to broker a ceasefire, not trying to pick sides.

agreed!

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back