AAC vs. Apple Lossless
Oct 28, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #61 of 64
Another way if you have aac versions of apple lossless files is that you can use smart playlists in Itunes to keep aac/lossless separate. Just have one containing only e.g. mp3/aac and another containing only e.g. mp3/apple lossless.

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #62 of 64
i'm another one who likes AAC @ 256. good enough for me. i like the idea of having lossless copies but i want the space for other projects. i know someone who is into all OLD music therefor spends all of his free time converting old vinyl into lossless & then copy to other formats. i could never have the time. there's a lot of stuff i encoded lower before i discovered good headphones & capacity but then, i won't cry over it, it's old music, i'll move on to something new.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #63 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detritusdave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another way if you have aac versions of apple lossless files is that you can use smart playlists in Itunes to keep aac/lossless separate. Just have one containing only e.g. mp3/aac and another containing only e.g. mp3/apple lossless.

Imo thats the smoothest way to do it. If you really need to have files in both formats that is..

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #64 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imo thats the smoothest way to do it. If you really need to have files in both formats that is..

Yeah, it is very annoying actually, but it's the best way I have to sync playlists with my A818 (using itunesmywalkman). It'd be nice to have some way to auto-convert alac files to aac files before copy, but haven't found a foolsafe way of doing it yet. Itunesmywalkman can do it, but it also encodes mp3 to aac on the transfer, even when you tell it not too.... so hopefully the next version will fix this.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back