AAAAWWWW YYYYEEEAAAHHH!
Dec 10, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #61 of 123

Quote:
it looks fishy.
is this site trusted?

HDtracks.com was launched by David Chesky, the same David behind Chesky Records ~ surely one of the finest audiophile labels on the planet.

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #62 of 123
Honestly, I think a lot of people seem to be telling OP to shy away from the HD650 when to me, whenever I hear him talk, they sound just right for him. The bass is not gonna be absolutely massive like in the beats but he clearly doesn't care about that as much. He listens to classical music and I'm pretty sure detail and extension is what he is getting at. I think the best thing right now is to make sure OP has some good higher quality tracks than 128(V0, 320, and FLAC
gs1000.gif
) and hook him up with a good amplifier.

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #63 of 123

Quote:
Honestly, I think a lot of people seem to be telling OP to shy away from the HD650 when to me, whenever I hear him talk, they sound just right for him. The bass is not gonna be absolutely massive like in the beats but he clearly doesn't care about that as much. He listens to classical music and I'm pretty sure detail and extension is what he is getting at. I think the best thing right now is to make sure OP has some good higher quality tracks than 128(V0, 320, and FLAC
gs1000.gif
) and hook him up with a good amplifier.

pardon my ignorance, i know FLAC but what is V0,320??
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #68 of 123
If your ears tell you that the Beats sound more detailed than a HD650, perhaps you should consider giving up on the 'audiophile' headphones and just go buy some Beats. It does not matter what the majority of us Head-Fi'ers say if you hear differently. You may just end up 'wasting' a large sum of money on quality you don't/can't appreciate. 
I'm not trying to say you have bad ears, but rather all that matters is how something sounds to you. If that means you think the Beats sound more detailed than what we think, so be it.

Sell your gear, cut your losses and buy some Beats 
k701smile.gif
. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #70 of 123

Dr Dre says 'Gimme so' Mo'!

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #72 of 123

Quote:
" I suppose drive means to power them properly (loud volume, full sound, no crackling/distortion)"
but why the headphones arent  loud without a good amp???
my stock earphones of the ipod can get to ear piercing levels with the e7 while the hd is so quite?

You're placing the blame on the headphones when the blame is on your iPod.  Your iPod isn't powerful enough to drive your headphones.  It's like saying your passenger car is fine hauling groceries from the store and being confused as to why it can't tow a an offshore fishing boat on a trailer.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #73 of 123
Nevermind.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #74 of 123
Rezel, where is your avatar from? She looks so familiar....and cute
wink_face.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #75 of 123
so then the faster answer:
1 yours senn need an amp anyway because they ARE a exellent pair of headphones.
2 99% who buy beats buy it because mainstreamness,not because they have a critical discernment in searching for what they are looking for

dre is not a musician and not a expert headphone constructor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back