A900, SR225,... done!...?
Jul 29, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #16 of 19
JUST GREAT. i was just lurking around and about to poke fun again at the big spenders when i thought- hmm, hold on - i have a pair of open cans, and NO good buds for my 10 min walks to work - i need something i can stuff in my sack up the elevator, and the MS-1s are not that quick to stash. but, i'm on a budget...*search function* curse you, this thread led me to buy new phones! Hello, Koss KSC-35s! Wow the "Anniversary" coupon still gives that 6 buck discount at koss.com, amazing. Well, here's to finally tossing the ipod buds and sony earhuggers.

Jul 29, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #17 of 19
Ety's might be great...but you really need some custom UE's to scratch that itch
icon10.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
One of the easy ways to spoil this hobby is to get too much too soon. Take the time to explore and enjoy the headphones you have. Listen to the music you have and discover how new it can sound and how different each headphone can make it seem. Don't be in a hurry to climb on the bigger, better, different escalator. There will always be new gear to buy. Take your time and enjoy the experience.

BW

Yeah I am going to hold off for a little while at least. When I say that I might want the ety's it's not necessarily because I'm looking for an "upgrade." I just don't have any headphones or earbuds that are portable. I guess I do have my mx400's but they have never really blowed my mind.
eek.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 19
I've tried out a lot of stuff now, and I kind of feel the same way. I think I am satisfied with the cans I have. I may or may not buy a mid-range solid state amp, maybe a decent portable source, and maaybe a portable amp. After that, though, I should really steer myself away from this place. To go beyond what I already have, I'd have to start making some huge jumps in price.
eek.gif
I don't think such huge jumps in price will really yield me equivalent jumps in sound quality. And even if they would, I don't think I really want to find out about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back