a77x or focal sm6?
Nov 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #18 of 28
The A77x effectively use a ribbon tweeter and 2x mid/bass drivers.  Both of the 7" drivers are the same but they are prescribed different ranges of frequency to improve the delivery, you could do exactly the same with A7x and a sub, except a dedicated sub would have the benefit of being designed specifically for the lowest frequencies possible. I would suspect that A7x with the ADAM Sub8 would be better in most applications than the A77x.  In the UK you can buy the A7x with Sub8 for almost exactly the same price as a pair of A77x but that will give you a MUCH bigger frequency range.

I would seriously recommend you do a live demo and let your ears inform you 

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #20 of 28
 The SM9 is a three system like the A77x, the solo BE is the 2 way design where you would need to add a sub.  The focal CMS range are very good for the money and well worth considering.

I have heard the sm9 at the flux studio in new York..I am swayed by the focal twin be with sub 6 now..the sm9 would be overkill for dance music really(and i would need a better dac)..i think I will have to have a listen to both the focals and adam audios..but I know the focals will win this one!

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #25 of 28
Nov 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #26 of 28
I am adding these to my recording studio..i just hope everything works with pro tools 11,i've got the avid artist control to go with apogee quartet in a package deal..fingers crossed it should all work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back