A700 Pics
Apr 20, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #31 of 47
Amp really does taste the best IMO, besides the Sobe drinks.

Anyway...you guys are killing me even though midterms are coming up!

We seriously need a A500/A700/A900 comparison. Audiotechnica didn't do a good job with their model lines hence why we are killing ourselves with which one is best. There are a lot of people who got the A500 and A900 and only 1 who got the A700. Heh, why???

Apr 21, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #32 of 47
For those of you who do not know how large the A series phones are...I have a picture for you...it's dark, but you can make it out.

A500HEAD.jpg

The coloring on the earcup sure is nice
biggrin.gif
...the glare from the lamp.

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #33 of 47
a500comp.jpg

Here's a shot next to my cell. Yup, these things are large.

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthPaW1227
Absolutely! End of semester here too...have mercy on us! G'luck w/ all the finals and stock up on AMPs and Red Bulls
biggrin.gif

As David Chapelle said, "Red Bull, crack in a can."

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSh
There are a lot of people who got the A500 and A900 and only 1 who got the A700. Heh, why???

Because it's better to get the best you can afford so you don't have to ponder what you missed out later. People pay more for lunch (in a month) than the cost difference between the A500 and A900.

My A900's getting way too much attention lately.

Apr 21, 2004 at 4:13 AM Post #35 of 47
Stoner I have got the Eggos now and am looking into buying the A900s, i see that you have both of them. What can you tell me? How do the compare? What are the diffrences? And do you get good use out of both of them? Or Should i go in a diffrent direction like the MS-1s.
Lots of questions... i know.
But i too am high on cafine and writing papers furiously.

Apr 21, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #36 of 47
Honestly, I feel a little out of place around here as of late since everyone seems to love the A900 around here except me. I've owned the A900s for about five monthes now and I find them to be okay, nothing spectacular, and in no way any better than my D66 Eggos--I like them both equally actually. Problem is one is twice the price of the other.
biggrin.gif

And papers, I know where you guys are coming from--as I type this I'm trying to avoid working on my 30 pager that is due in a few days.
eek.gif

Apr 21, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrickhat2001
And papers, I know where you guys are coming from--as I type this I'm trying to avoid working on my 30 pager that is due in a few days.
eek.gif

30 PAGES!?!??! Ouch...

At least being a mechanical engineering major has me doing more math problems than typing essays...I only have to type 8 pages for finals, the rest is all calculation. 30 pages, jeez, I'm really sorry man.
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #38 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrickhat2001
. . . everyone seems to love the A900 around here except me. I've owned the A900s for about five monthes now and I find them to be okay, nothing spectacular, and in no way any better than my D66 Eggos--I like them both equally actually.

In what areas would you say the A900 were lacking and how? How would you describe they're bass?

Apr 21, 2004 at 9:21 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
Team Freak

I see you have adopted "Team Freak" in your sig, as mentioned somewhere else. Is this for AT A Series owners that use their oversize cans in public?

Apr 21, 2004 at 10:41 AM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by stranger
In what areas would you say the A900 were lacking and how? How would you describe they're bass?

I find the A900 to be lacking in soundstage--to me it's a little snug and not as wide as the soundstage of the D66. I also find the A900 to be lacking in trasparency compared to the D66--the audio-technicas sound a little thick and colored in the midrange and in the bass compared to the D66 which sounds more airey and natural in those areas in that respect. The Eggos are also more comfortable.

But to my ears A900 beat the D66 in many areas. One such area is in overall detail and seperation. The D66 can smear the instruments a bit especially around its lower midrange, upper bass hump. In comparision the A900s keep the instruments seperated better and provide a slightly more detailed sound. The A900s also feature a more even frequency balance and have bass that goes lower than the D66--although the Eggos do have a more promenant upper bass (although that isn't always good). Many people love the A900s in the bass department but I find them to be simply average there. The A900s also have an addicting aggressive sound to them that I really like as a change up for when I get tired of the D66s slightly laid back character. The A900 also nails down the timbre of the instruments making them sound a little more realtitic than the D66 (although still a little honky sounding in the midrange).

Call me crazy, many have (
biggrin.gif
) but I like the A900 and D66 equally. Most people think the A900s squash the Eggos, though, so keep in mind that the majority thinks the opposite of what I do.

Oct 13, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #45 of 47
I think the AT A700 is one of the most mysterious cans I've ever heard of. You just never read or hear anything about it--everyone just talks about the A500 and the A900. It's like the A700 is the person child of the AT Art series...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back