A visit to Hidition, custom IEM builder in Seoul
Nov 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #16 of 21
Very enjoyable read, looking forward to your review!
bigsmile_face.gif
 Am headed to Seoul myself in 2013, so custom IEMs might be a neat break from all the sight seeing.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #18 of 21
Today's rig: iPod 5G, homemade SPC LOD, RSA Blackbird balanced amp, homemade copper cable, NT 6 Pro.

Writeup on the NT 6 Pro is still in progress. In lieu of a proper review I'll see if I can assemble some early impressions and thoughts I've noted here and there about it.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #19 of 21
Question, in your opinion is going balanced worth the extra time effort and investment? If so I might invest in a balanced amp and a balanced cable for my future 4A

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 21
Question, in your opinion is going balanced worth the extra time effort and investment? If so I might invest in a balanced amp and a balanced cable for my future 4A

I don't think balanced amps are definitively better than single-ended. For that matter, the rationale for the balanced signal chain doesn't make a huge amount of sense at the scale of mobile devices.

Some amps which are very good happen to also be balanced. In which case it behooves you to use them in balanced configuration. So when you plan your budget for one, be sure to also budget for the cost of an appropriate third-party headphone cable, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back