A Vintage Tube Question
Apr 26, 2002 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Posts
5,684
Likes
14
Somewhere in the basement there is a box of tubes that I got as part of an inheritance. I think they are from the late 50s still in original boxes. Is there a chance they are still good after all this time? I haven't seen them for a while but I am sure they are still there. Should I go on a quest this weekend or not?

John
 
Apr 26, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 10

carlo

Founder of 5 in heavy rotation
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Posts
1,270
Likes
10
Quote:

Is there a chance they are still good after all this time?


a good chance, depends on their wear or if they're nos. if it's the latter, you're a lucky bastard.
Quote:

Should I go on a quest this weekend or not?


yes.
 
Apr 26, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 10

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Posts
4,722
Likes
11
Errmm, Duh! PM me when you find them!.....
biggrin.gif
 
Apr 27, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 10

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Posts
4,710
Likes
12
I'm next! (I guess I logon too late; I'm never first...
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
 
Apr 27, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 10

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Posts
4,941
Likes
15
Hey John,
If you need help identifying any of the tubes I will be glad to assist.No,I don't want any of them.I'm banned from purchasing any more tubes until I sell some of the 624 that I have now.My offer is real and I have the books, guides and knowledge to properly ID most tubes.PM or email me.
 
Apr 27, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 10

timoteus

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
949
Likes
11
Yeah, take Tuberoller up on his offer or post some of the tube types here. It seems like when I come across a bunch of tubes 90% of them are TV tubes. It's the other 10% that are oh so sweet. You never know until you take a look. It might be a bust or it might be worth a small fortune, either way the thrill of the hunt makes it worthwhile.
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Apr 28, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #9 of 10

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
6,565
Likes
15
If they are TV tubes, then there is a small chance that we RKV-owners could use the PCL805/PCL85/18GV8's -- I want on that list, please! (Dagnabit, had to pick "recently" to be away from head-fi for an extended...)
 
Apr 28, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #10 of 10

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Posts
5,684
Likes
14
Tuberoller and I are going to look up the ones I foound so far when I get some time from my remodeling chores. It sounds like he will be imersed in his new records for sometime. Will try and look some more.

John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top