A Vintage Tube Question
Apr 26, 2002 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
Somewhere in the basement there is a box of tubes that I got as part of an inheritance. I think they are from the late 50s still in original boxes. Is there a chance they are still good after all this time? I haven't seen them for a while but I am sure they are still there. Should I go on a quest this weekend or not?

John

Apr 26, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Is there a chance they are still good after all this time?

a good chance, depends on their wear or if they're nos. if it's the latter, you're a lucky person.
Quote:

Should I go on a quest this weekend or not?

yes.

Apr 26, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 10
Errmm, Duh! PM me when you find them!.....
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 10
I'm next! (I guess I logon too late; I'm never first...
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

Apr 27, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 10
Hey John,
If you need help identifying any of the tubes I will be glad to assist.No,I don't want any of them.I'm banned from purchasing any more tubes until I sell some of the 624 that I have now.My offer is real and I have the books, guides and knowledge to properly ID most tubes.PM or email me.

Apr 27, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 10
Yeah, take Tuberoller up on his offer or post some of the tube types here. It seems like when I come across a bunch of tubes 90% of them are TV tubes. It's the other 10% that are oh so sweet. You never know until you take a look. It might be a bust or it might be worth a small fortune, either way the thrill of the hunt makes it worthwhile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #9 of 10
If they are TV tubes, then there is a small chance that we RKV-owners could use the PCL805/PCL85/18GV8's -- I want on that list, please! (Dagnabit, had to pick "recently" to be away from head-fi for an extended...)

Apr 28, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #10 of 10
Tuberoller and I are going to look up the ones I foound so far when I get some time from my remodeling chores. It sounds like he will be imersed in his new records for sometime. Will try and look some more.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back