A Super-Simple 6DJ8 Headphone Amp
Apr 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #466 of 490
Here is finished version of my amp, with oak side panels, linseed oil finishing.

Now amp have its own name - Rock'n Glass headphone amp.
Name come from amp's powerful sound and hybrid nature.

This one exemplar are with lin outputs.

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #467 of 490
Lol, I was just going to tell you tonight that I bought some hex wrenches, and got the sides on... Mostly. Two of the holes didn't line up, but I thought I could copy the screws from the side that did fit using Photoshop. Looks like you changed other external parts of the amp as well... Did you fix the bias reading leads to be available in an attractive way like you wanted?

Nice photos. A little reddish and the bottom photo was slightly dark, but that kind of thing can be fixed in a few seconds inside photoshop.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #468 of 490
Are anyone of Super-Simple 6DJ8 Headphone Amp builder or owner trying this amp with [size=11.818181991577148px] Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 ?[/size]

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #469 of 490
I have the dt990 250s 
beyersmile.png
. Can a board(s)/kit be purchased? Very elegant amp design, I like it! Thanks!

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #470 of 490
Thanks, stupidmop!
At the moment I haven't any boards left, only 2 ready built amps.
Few forum asked about boards too, so I think I am going to order next bunch. May be available in 2 weeks or so.

I ask about DT990, because someone wanted ordering amp for his phones.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #476 of 490

Just started mine! Although now I have to wait for the bulk of the parts because no stores in Australia seem to carry nice caps or any transistors. Going to use a nichicon 4700uF cap for C103 and Vought some rifa caps for c101 and c201, the tube is gonna be a JAN spec Philips 6922 and I'm gonna use a Hammond case with the top cut off to let it all breathe. Also had to order an IRF510 instead of the other one. I'm getting very excited for all this stuff to come so I can finish it off

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #479 of 490
Just finished mine! sounds really good! I get a 'whiney' high pitched noise through mine all the time though.  It starts out loud and slowly gets quieter, I'm wondering if it's my power supply, or something to do with the tube heating up?

EDIT: after leaving it run for maybe 5-10 minutes with music through it the sound has turned into more of a light static.  It keeps disappearing for a little while, and then coming back

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #480 of 490
Quote:
Just finished mine! sounds really good! I get a 'whiney' high pitched noise through mine all the time though.  It starts out loud and slowly gets quieter, I'm wondering if it's my power supply, or something to do with the tube heating up?

EDIT: after leaving it run for maybe 5-10 minutes with music through it the sound has turned into more of a light static.  It keeps disappearing for a little while, and then coming back

tubes...it's a love hate relationship.  yours might be going, can you swap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back