A strong pair of in-ear earphones.
Aug 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

slicedtoad

New Head-Fier
Every time I buy a new pair of ear phones they break and always the same way, one end of the cable loosens. This results in one ear or both turning off intermittently or permanently. I suppose bringing them everywhere in a backpack hasn't helped but it would be nice if they could survive more than a month or two.

Sound quality is not a priority so most of my previous ones have been < 25$. Most recently I tried a 60$ pair of Sennheisers. They lasted a whole two and half months.

Could anyone recommend a pair that can withstand being stuffed (gently) into a bag every day? The sound quality doesn't matter much, they need to be decently comfortable and I'm trying for < 30$. Also, they don't need to cancel noise or block it out, I actually like being able to hear what people are saying while I'm plugged in.

So... that was a long post. meh.

If you can help, thanks.

-toad

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 7
With the budget of $30 you will most likely  be replacing  earphones every 2-3 months. Have you heard a wise man affirmation "I am not so reach to afford to buy cheap stuff"
 Why don't  you save up and get something for more but have warranty with it and quality.
For $100 US you can get some dissent quality earphones.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 7
I would up your budget to $36 and grab the recently-discontinued Meelectronics M11 while it's still available. Great set of earphones if sound is not a priority - small, comfortable, tough-as-nails. Isolation is relatively high but using larger single-flange tips for a shallow seal should reduce it. There's also the Meelec M9 and M2, which are vented at the rear and isolate less, but they aren't quite as bulletproof as the M11s are when it comes to build quality.

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 7
Maybe you could also get a earphone case? and then shove the case into your bag

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 7
imo you should get the m11s and a case too, so at least you won't need to spend money to buy another earphone and a case if it spoils.
just a suggestion though, hope you like your m11s!

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back