A Stereo Instrument Preamp/Headphone Amp (formerly "a JISBOS-with-gain Headamp")
Oct 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #106 of 109

Hey Zauber!

You don't plan to go into production with this, do you? If not, why not stick with the 2SK389? You can still get them. Also, you can use the Liner Systems LSK389. Check on diyAudio and see if anyone has some for sale from the group buys that have been organized there. Duals like the 2SK389 and LSK389 are really the way to go for differential inputs like this.

se

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #107 of 109

Quote:

Hey Zauber!

You don't plan to go into production with this, do you?

Oh, heavens no!  I don't have that kind of time, and it's all an amalgamation of other people's ideas, anyway.
rolleyes.gif

If I get the various input stages to my liking though, and there's interest, I might organize a group buy for circuit boards.  
wink_face.gif

Quote:

If not, why not stick with the 2SK389? You can still get them. Also, you can use the Liner Systems LSK389. Check on diyAudio and see if anyone has some for sale from the group buys that have been organized there. Duals like the 2SK389 and LSK389 are really the way to go for differential inputs like this.  

se

LOL - Once again, that's what I get for doing this stuff at o-dark-thirty.  I didn't even get that the 2SK389 is a dual.  Guess that makes matching kind of a moot point, doesn't it? 
redface.gif

Looks like they just finished a group buy for the LSK389 on diyAudio.  Missed it by *that much!*  
tongue.gif

I'll keep looking...

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #109 of 109

Quote:

Just post in the group buy thread and see if someone is willing to sell you some.

se

Done--and I even got a nibble already!  
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a question about the JISBOS - I know it wasn't originally designed for this, but how would it handle being overdriven (obviously thinking about a way to implement guitar distortion)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back