A soft cable (with no special properties) that makes HE-400 more portable.
Jun 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kjeldsen

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've tried searching the forum for some info on various soft cables, but i couldn't find exactly what i needed.

The stock cable on the HE-400 is great to me audio-quality wise, but it's both too long and stiff for my liking (Oh shush!). I've checked out both Toxic cables, ChrisHimself, etc, to find something more soft and flexible, but i've been wondering if it's possible to have a plain cable of the same quality as stock but with flexy properties, or if these two things are mutually exclusive.

Basically, am i forced to pay for an after-market cable to get a soft, flexi cable? I just want to make the HE-400's less annoying as semi-portable headphones.

Thanks! :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hey guys,

I've tried searching the forum for some info on various soft cables, but i couldn't find exactly what i needed.

The stock cable on the HE-400 is great to me audio-quality wise, but it's both too long and stiff for my liking (Oh shush!). I've checked out both Toxic cables, ChrisHimself, etc, to find something more soft and flexible, but i've been wondering if it's possible to have a plain cable of the same quality as stock but with flexy properties, or if these two things are mutually exclusive.

Basically, am i forced to pay for an after-market cable to get a soft, flexi cable? I just want to make the HE-400's less annoying as semi-portable headphones.

Thanks! :)

They don't come exclusively. You can DIY and get a cable to your tastes (flexibility, length, etc). Cables, when compared to what changes a headphone/amp/dac can bring, change the sound negligibly.

You can get a cable that does both (flexibility doesn't add to the cost), so you don't have to panic. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Mr V, cheers. Sounds like DIY could be the way to go for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back