A slightly less bright Noble 4?
Apr 14, 2016 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mohdkhamsya

100+ Head-Fier
So I've had the Noble 4 universals for about 5 months now. Use with the black dragon cable and spinfit tips. I absolutely love this combination. Except that I sometimes feel that it's a bit bright. So I'm thinking of getting something which is just as good if not better but a little less bright. I used to have the asg1+ and I really liked em but I wonder if there's anything else out there which would fulfill my taste. Oh source is a Pono btw. 

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #6 of 9
  Okay now I remember why I never bothered with foams. They make the bass soft and diffuse. Any other suggestions. Come on Head Fi community. 

There's more than one foam tip, the ones with a firm tube won't do that as much. You can also "trim" the tip of the eartip and that can help as well. Time to tip roll again for you. Try everything.

The 4 has a rise at 6.5khz (iirc), you can eq that down. Another way to reach Problem Solved status.

If you really want a new earphone, the UERR will give you that neutral sort of sound without the same rise in the treble. Right now people who own and like the UERM are understandably pouting a little that the UERR is not a UERM, but having heard the UERR (and the UERM a long time back), I think the UERR will eventually be a success among audiophiles.

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #7 of 9
Will try tip rolling again and if all else fails, will look at the uerr. This is the first time I've heard of the uerr really. So I'll need to see how much it costs and what it sounds like. I've been toying with the idea of converting the 4 into a custom or getting a used uerm and remolding it. Still undecided. Will think over it this weekend.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 9
The uerm can have a bit of treble roughness, the uerr is smoother and doesn't have the same treble elevation as it is more even above 2khz. The uerr is a slightly warm take on neutral, not so far from the noble 4, but minus the treble elevation.

You might ask Full Circle about the Savanna, which a slightly retuned 4C. That might be exactly what you are looking for if he smoothed out the treble. Ask him.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 9
The uerm can have a bit of treble roughness, the uerr is smoother and doesn't have the same treble elevation as it is more even above 2khz. The uerr is a slightly warm take on neutral, not so far from the noble 4, but minus the treble elevation.

You might ask Full Circle about the Savanna, which a slightly retuned 4C. That might be exactly what you are looking for if he smoothed out the treble. Ask him.

Will do. Thanks so much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back