HeadLover

1000+ Head-Fier
DYNAMIC RANGE | pleasurize music!
O.K.
I do know the owners of the site
and I think it is a great idea !

I hope things will go well and will get the media support and who ever support

At least go there and sign up

I have also donated some money for them (my own), I think it is for a good purpose and I hope things will start moving

In the end we all will benefit from a better sound, not ?

DYNAMIC RANGE | pleasurize music!

Also
What do you think of the all "LOUDNESS WAR" and what else can be done ???

Jun 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #2 of 16
I already signed my name there as a music listener.

I hate loudness. I just got The Beatles "LOVE" today. I'm listening to it through for the first time right now. It got the loudness treatment. The sound is good (they cleaned things up) but the enjoyment (especially on headphones) is not there because of the lack of dynamics. My ears are already tired and the album is only half-way through. Not pleasurable to listen to. "LOVE" will probably get this one listen and then get lost in the back of my library never to be listened to again unless I decide to listen to it in the car during a road trip.

Jun 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #3 of 16
I hope the LOUDNESS WAR won't effect the new 2009 Betales albums soon to be out (9/2009)
PLEASE make Abbay road not KILL the music!!

But
What more can we do? and please everyone support this site and others, we must FIGHT it so we will get a better SQ
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 16
BTW

I really love the new Rolling Stones SACD (2002 editions), they have done great work for the sound (a new unused tapes was found for those)
But
Why so LOUD ?!

Can't understand why the music industry insist on killing the muisc
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 16
Lets hope they some day end this dynamic compression. It makes new music almost unlistenable.
very_evil_smiley.gif

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 16
I signed there mate, i hope they are successful.

xx

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you don't listen to commercial junk, you don't have to go through all this.

WRONG !!!

Try any listen to the new Led Zeppelin remasters, or Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd or Deep Purple or what ever

Are they "commercial junk" ?!

I don't think so !!!

So unless you have a vinyl and can listen to the original ones, you will have a really bad record with a very compressed sound
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #11 of 16
hehe, I was slightly exaggerating
biggrin.gif

anyway, I don't listen to rock music or pop, or nu-rnb or anything like that...I hardly ever encounter clipped music tbh.

Jun 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #13 of 16
the worst I've heard for clipped stuff is the first Lily Allen album...even the bonus track from the Japanese limited edition(a cover of "smile") is distorted from start to end...because it's so FREAKING loud
rolleyes.gif

I dunno, I mostly play roots/dub reggae and deep funk from the 70's these days...I can't stand anything newer
redface.gif

and these music styles are not worthy of +10dB clipping at the mastering stage it would appear
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the worst I've heard for clipped stuff is the first Lily Allen album...even the bonus track from the Japanese limited edition(a cover of "smile") is distorted from start to end...because it's so FREAKING loud
rolleyes.gif

I dunno, I mostly play roots/dub reggae and deep funk from the 70's these days...I can't stand anything newer
redface.gif

and these music styles are not worthy of +10dB clipping at the mastering stage it would appear
biggrin.gif

Forward and fiaca
Menacle and den gosaca.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets hope they some day end this dynamic compression. It makes new music almost unlistenable.
very_evil_smiley.gif

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thats an excellent video, thanks, now I need to show that to some friends who think I'm nuts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back