A Short Memory-Based Review on the JVC FX101
Mar 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

EPICFAILXD

100+ Head-Fier
Intro- I wanted to do a review on these when I got them, but I forgot. Sadly, I didn't get a chance, because they broke on me just a week after I bought them. So what is to be said is mostly based on memory.

Accesories: 3 pairs of tips. Enough said.

Design: Completely plastic construction, expected of $20. Poor strain relief. Straight 3.5mm jack.

Build: Not too bad when you first look at it, but the cable is honestly one of the worst I've experienced. No microphonics, but very tangle prone, and cable failure after one week.

Microphonics: Not too bad.

Isolation: Decent.

Comfort: Decent. Nothing special but they do stick out of my ears a bit.

Sound: For $20, these are awesome. Bass is beyond belief. Hits down very hard and low. Fortunately the mids and highs are still respectable, and soundstage is ok too. However, I do recall these having a bit of sibilance before being burnt in. These are a basshead's dream, especially for only $20. 

Conclusion: If you're very very careful with your equipment, or don't mind replacing your sets every couple months (or week, in my experience) these are pretty good. However, for me, I won't buy them again, because I know that they'll break on me again in the near future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back