A short (audiophile) guide to Winamp (/w Maiko WASAPI)
Mar 19, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #107 of 125
  I usually use J river and Foobar, but i tried Winamp with this plugin and i think that this plugin is much better than the Wasapi plugin of Foobar. Great Job!

Cheers! Just spreading the good word! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #108 of 125
Windows 8.1 it'll play audio for maybe a quarter of a second and then pause/freeze.  If I check another option in the settings it'll play again but only for a quarter of a second and then freeze.  What do I need to fix/do to get it working?  I'm on WinAMP version 5.7 bild 3363 beta.  Do I need to use a different version?

Intel Smart Sound Technology is listed sound card in control panel it's a Hewlett Packard Spectre Core i7

EDIT: FIXED Alleluia!!!!

This guy's post way back I set the buffer to 500ms and to 24bit/48Khz in Windows and voila it plays!  Sound is amazing now on this laptop!  Works in shared, and exclusive (only with certain options needing to be enabled)

It happened to me too on my Windows 7 x64. It's a buffer issue ; you can fix it in the plugin settings (client buffer size in milliseconds / client invalidate & reload / genuine latency formula).
Try to raise the buffer to let's say 400 or 500 ms (for a start) and click client invalidate & reload. Then try lower values or even 0 (auto buffer). Click client invalidate & reload each time you enter a new value.

BTW my soundcard default settings (Windows) are 24bit / 44KHz.

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #109 of 125
well I played with it and it's glitchy.  If I pause audio for too long the WASAPI crashes.  I've since switched to AIMP3 with a WinAMP skin and has WASAPI already built in and looks just like WinAMP.  It's been a fun 18 years with WinAMP since 1997 but I'm moving on.  

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #110 of 125
CD ripping:

When ripping cd's I suggest you use EAC, but if you are gonna rip ALOT of cd's, this method may take alot of time.
Winamp have a really easy ripping feature, and it gets all the info like band/album/song from gracenote automatically .
If you are gonna rip a large amount of cd's in FLAC quality, this may save you some time.

I suggest to rip in FLAC with the best compression, you do this by:
Options ---> Preferences ---> CD Ripping ---> choose FLAC - best compression

-BleaK

As a new member, let me ask this: what is the advantage of ripping on EAC over Winamp? Is there any improvement in sound quality or fidelity towards the original CD?

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #111 of 125
As a new member, let me ask this: what is the advantage of ripping on EAC over Winamp? Is there any improvement in sound quality or fidelity towards the original CD?

Not quality as per se, but insurance that the CD was ripped correctly. EAC has better quality control as it matches your rips to thousands of others with the same CD. However this can be tiresome if you are ripping a whole new library.

May 18, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #115 of 125
  I've still no clue on how to set the sampling rate. Most of my files are 16/44.1.

It's all in the first post. :)

Preferences -> output -> Maiko Wasapi -> configure.

Then in the top you choose exclusive:

Then you tick all the boxes like the picture, and if you want to have 16-bit and 44,1kHz you must put "slave to input sample rate": 44100 , and "slave to input encoding when enabled" to 16.

May 18, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #116 of 125
  It's all in the first post. :)

Preferences -> output -> Maiko Wasapi -> configure.

Then in the top you choose exclusive:

Then you tick all the boxes like the picture, and if you want to have 16-bit and 44,1kHz you must put "slave to input sample rate": 44100 , and "slave to input encoding when enabled" to 16.

err so i change first box from 0 to 16 and
second box stays 44100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back