A serious question regarding Beyers DT770 fix
May 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

AlexBeginner

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,trying to fix the rattling noise in one of the phones by removing a hair (it was there) , I screwed up a little, dont ask how, but I removed by accident the paper that was glued on the top of the black plastic housing. Now, I still have that piece of cotton/paper in one piece, a little bit banged up but still, in one piece. My question is, is it vital to have it back on? Can I just glue it back again? (reason I'm asking this, because as I mentioned it looks a little worn out, cause of the glue) And finally, maybe theres just a replacement?

P.S. Dont get confused, I'm talking about the paper around the driver, not on it.

Thanks

May 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 13
Possibly some form of damping material. You should put it back if it isn't damaged

May 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 13
Better be sure and go for a replacement idk?

You should be able to do without the paper, but it would affect the sound. Don't know how much, though.

May 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #7 of 13
If you're going to leave a part out I'd be tempted to remove it from the other cup too, just for the sake of consistency.

May 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #9 of 13
Pick up a kid's gluestick (can't be more than $1), apply glue carefully to the plastic, put the paper back on, voila you're done. 

May 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #11 of 13
Any adhesive should be fine, as long as it doesn't run into the paper. I suggested gluestick just for ease of application and cleanliness. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 13
Bump!

Don't want to start a new thread, hope I'll get an answer on this one. As I still havent assembled my Beyers, I'm thinking of recabling them, making each cable to each speaker rather than that one.
The question is, where I'm from, I dont have those fancy silver/copper cables that you guys have, and if I order from the States, it'll cost me all almost half of the price of the beyers. Besides I think such a good cable needs a better system and a source, so far all I have is a laptop, and a FiiO e10 Amp listening to 320kbp/s deep house music and such.

Well anyway, my MAIN QUESTION is, can I simply use a simple copper cable 0,75 cm. in diameter? Would it still be better than the beyer stock one? Or will I experience worse SQ?
Thank you in advance dear head-fiers :)

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #13 of 13
SQ probably wont change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back