A sad generation.
Dec 21, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #31 of 74
I just find it hilarious that Lynne Spears was threatening legal action against national enquirer and others just a day before her daughter admitted she was preggers.

Dec 21, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #32 of 74
Eh, who cares?

She knew what she was doing and she knew what could happen. It's been going on pretty much forever.

What I think is truly sad is the amount of time this generation spends on celebrities. Put down the National Enquirer and get busy with your lives. It goes by fast and you have better things to do.

Dec 21, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #33 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can take a family out of a trailer but you can't take the trailer out of the family.

QFT.
Now THAT is funny!
tongue.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #34 of 74
Quote:

the pregnancy of 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears, who plays the perfect, well-liked and, it is understood, virginal teenage girl on "Zoey 101" on Nickelodeon.

This girl is on Nickelodeon??! Give me a #&%$'ing break.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #35 of 74
The real problem is that rheams of 12 & 13 year old girls look up to this trashy whore.

"Of course it's OK to have a kid at 16, Jamie Lynn did it and so can I!"

Wow is it easy being a guy. Nobody faults us for nailing young, trashy broads.

Dec 21, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #36 of 74
beaver.jpeg

Dad? Why is Wally's girlfriend's belly getting bigger?

Well Beaver, when a girl and a boy have known each other for a few months and think they might like each other quite a bit, they have what are known as 'relations' and sometimes the boy stays and helps her raise the baby and sometimes he leaves and she has to do it herself.

Oh, well gee dad, that sounds...mediocre...

Yup. Wonderful generation...I'm not part of it anymore at 20 am I? Please say I'm not...

Dec 22, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, who cares?

She knew what she was doing and she knew what could happen. It's been going on pretty much forever.

What I think is truly sad is the amount of time this generation spends on celebrities. Put down the National Enquirer and get busy with your lives. It goes by fast and you have better things to do.

Words to live by.
cool.gif

Dec 22, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #38 of 74
Sex in the context of young people is an interesting topic indeed.

For one thing, magazines, advertising, film, music etc tell us that we need sex, indeed a lot of sex, sex will make us happy and we can't live without it.

Unfortunately they don't tell us the other side of living like this, namely the physical and emotional and psychological consequences, particularly the latter two.

Having been there and done that, I firmly believe that any teenager I have ever known (myself included, although I haven't been a teenager for a while now), is in absolutely no way able to a) understand, or b) handle, the consequences of being sexually active. Even if they don't become partner in a pregnancy or contract a STD, the emotional and psychological ramifications are significant.

I believe that everything we do changes us, sex especially so. I can see the parts of myself that have been changed through the emotional and psychological consequences of sexual activity before I was responsible and aware, and if there was a way to undo them, I would without a second thought. Of course there isn't, so it is a lesson learnt.

Just my two cents, perhaps I am atypical, but as I said, I've never seen anyone who hasn't been negatively affected by being sexually active as a teenager. Unfortunately most young people don't stand still and probe introspectively long enough to see it.

Dec 22, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #39 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How the hell is having a kid "screwing up?". She was never going to go to college, she already has a television career, and the family is already wealthy. What is the outcome going to be? Another good looking privileged child born in the US, darn. Everybody knows children born to drug addict welfare moms are much more successful.

first off:
not going to college because you have money is STUPID. people who dont have money are smart enough to do it. the money thing is there, all you have to do is be smart enough to get in and pass.

second off: wealthy people were always wealthy, and will always be wealthy. rich people become poor people in a couple years.

regarding the whole drug-babies being successful: they are driven harder to succeed, which is good because coming from the bottom of the pit its a long hard road to wind up average. it is also the FEW that do manage to succeed that you hear about, there are COUNTLESS more who dont by any definition of the word.

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #40 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first off:
not going to college because you have money is STUPID.

That mentality has only been around for the last 30-40 years. From the vast extent of human history women have always been pumping out children at 14-15. She got pregnant at 16, so what? Its fairly normal for the course. There is nothing wrong biologically with having kids at 16. She has a career, the child will have more more money than any of us "normal" people.

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That mentality has only been around for the last 30-40 years. From the vast extent of human history women have always been pumping out children at 14-15. She got pregnant at 16, so what? Its fairly normal for the course. There is nothing wrong biologically with having kids at 16. She has a career, the child will have more more money than any of us "normal" people.

Well, when you have a sixteen year-old daughter that rationalizes her own pregnancy under your roof with the same principles you just used.... whoa run-on... How are you going to feel?

I was sexually active at the end of my high school days and for a while after. One mistake and things became a lot more emotionally real for me concerning sex. I didn't get anyone pregnant or contract an STD or anything but I very well could have. Most would consider me a pretty responsible, intelligible person and I still made mistakes that could have landed me in a bad situation. I was led to believe that safe-sex was safe-sex and that there shouldn't be any stigma attached to it, when in reality it wasn't like that at all.

Now, I've decided to postpone sexual relations until I am involved in a commited, long-term relationship. It's made everything in my life so much easier and I know for a fact that I can't be thrust into a life-altering obligation by the consequences of sex until I'm ready.

Dec 22, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #42 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first off:
not going to college because you have money is STUPID. people who dont have money are smart enough to do it. the money thing is there, all you have to do is be smart enough to get in and pass.

Isn't the whole reason for going to college to get a good job and make more money? It would seem stupider for her to waste her time at college instead of making more money at this point.

Can we also get off her nuts about getting pregnant? Its was her choice and this is America. She can do whatever she wants.

Dec 22, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #43 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't the whole reason for going to college to get a good job and make more money?

No. That would be one possible benefit, but certainly not the reason.

Dec 22, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #44 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, when you have a sixteen year-old daughter that rationalizes her own pregnancy under your roof with the same principles you just used.... whoa run-on... How are you going to feel?

In all fairness Jamie-Lynn doesn't live with her mother. And my daughter was married and pregnant at 17 (and living with her husband). Both of my grandmothers were having kids at 16-17 and I'm sure every female ancestor before them were also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. That would be one possible benefit, but certainly not the reason.

With the exception of people in seminary school, getting a job with a great salary (and benefits) is pretty much the only reason people go to college. (not including non-marticulated adult-recreational "classes" that are sometimes taught on campus, like wine tasting and classic movie appreciation. But thats not really "going to college" so much as doing something "at college".)

Dec 22, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #45 of 74
In most states, 16 is the legal age of consent. If this is the case wherever she's located, the guy had the right to get her pregnant.

At least she has decided to keep the baby instead of having a quick abortion and sweeping matters under the rug. It seems that many people in her situation would take the "easy route."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back