A roundup of microdriver IEM's
Sep 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #61 of 74
Nice! A new Sony microdriver! All of those mh1c fans look out!! I've never owned a Bluetooth set before, seems kinda nifty... Price?

MSRP from the US press release is $149.99 which seems expensive in light of the $80 JBL J46BT and Backbeat Go 2... but is close to the Jabra Rox. (prices from amazon US)
basshead.gif

The Sony SBH80 (micro-driver) and XBABT75 (balanced armature) can be found for about $90 on amazon.

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #63 of 74
Hey guys, I know its been quiet around here lately but I wanted to change that.

I have a new IEM with me by the name of Fidue A31!

Its the company's take on microdrivers and I've been listening to it for about a week now. These things are TINY! I've done comparisons with all of my other microdriver IEM's and it was a very fun expirence.

Here are some pictures of the A31's size compared to my other microdrivers.

The top photos are with the fxt90, the middle are with the fxc51 and the last one is with the fxd70. So as you can see these really are quite small.

These are really easy to fit in your ear and they're very comfortable. They also come with rubber around ear cable guides, witch work really well.

The sound is good from these. They have enhanced bass that is very thumpy. There seem to be sub bass presence as well as some mid bass too. With EDM music, the bass really sounds large and authoratative.

The mids are present despite the boosted bass, but they do sound thin in their presence. Vocals are clear and don't sound bad at all, but there is def. Some sort of transparency to them. My guess is the big bass is making them seem that way but I can't be for sure. Overall I wouldnt even call the mids bad. I would rather have this than mids that sound too forward and grainy or peaky.

The treble is where I find these could do better. While I do hear some good hi hats and things like that, It just doesnt seem to do much in the way of lifting the overall sound signature away from the bassy end. The treble is detailed but sounds kinda hollow.

Here are some quick observations to other microdrivers in my collection:

Fxt90 vs A31:bass goes to the a31. Way more fun. Mids go to fxt90. More raw sounding, witch I don't really like, but they sound more full than the a31. The treble I would just slightly give to the fxt90. Its about the same in detail, but the fxt90 portrays it more vividly and sounds more open and airy.

Fxd70 vs a31:bass and mids go to the a31. The fxd70 sound recessed in both by comparison. The treble sound better on the fxd70. By a pretty big margin. Highly detailed and forward as well.

Fxc51 vs a31: bass again goes to the a31. The fxc51 sound loose in comparison. I like the mids on both about the same, givibg a slight edge to the fxc51 for tonality. And treble is given to the fxc51. It is less controlled that the a31, but it gives more to the overall sound by giving it a lot more room to breathe.

These are just quick impressions and comparisons. Its all I had time to do. At the end of the day, I think Fidue made a fun sounding phone that is built well, very comfortable and tiny, and has a competent sound that tends to get a bit hollow sounding up top.

If anyone is interested in trying these out or want to start a tour, I will gladly pass them around!

May 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #66 of 74
The first JVC micro drivers released were the FXC50 and FXC70, which I believe were only available in Japan.  I've had both, but the 50s died on me before I got to spend much time with them.  the FXC70 bothered me initially because it has way too much bass, but it also has one of the best midranges I've ever heard.  Vocals are simply amazing.  I also have the FXC71 and FXD80, but neither come close to the midrange of the FXC70, which is a bummer.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #67 of 74
Been looking for a thread like this :) 

I perused the thread and came up with this list of what has already been mentioned. OP update pg 1?

jvc fxd80/70/60
jvc fxc51
jvc fxt90
sony mh1c
ath ckn70
shure se215
miles davis trumpet
kef m200
havi b3
sennheiser ie800
ath im50/70
vsonic vc02
Sony MH1C
Sony SBH80
Sony MDR-AS800BT
Ety-kids (EK3/5)
AKG K323
Octone dynamic one

My additions:

KZ Micro Ring
Sidy HK1
JVC HA-FX100/FX200
JVC HA-FXH30/20/10 + HA-FRD10
Creative HS-930I

I really want the HA-FXH30 given my love for the FRD60. Anyone have a pair of the FXH30 that they could post impressions of?

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #71 of 74
Just found this on AliExpress, looks very similar to my JVC HA-FXC80 (front mounted micro driver):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/original-3-5-mm-stereo-hands-free-earphone-in-ear-headset-Wire/32471870679.html?spm=2114.01020108.4.2.aAG1x6&s=p

The original JVC HA-FXC80:

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #72 of 74
Hey guys, I know its been quiet around here lately but I wanted to change that.

I have a new IEM with me by the name of Fidue A31!

Its the company's take on microdrivers and I've been listening to it for about a week now. These things are TINY! I've done comparisons with all of my other microdriver IEM's and it was a very fun expirence.

Here are some pictures of the A31's size compared to my other microdrivers.

The top photos are with the fxt90, the middle are with the fxc51 and the last one is with the fxd70. So as you can see these really are quite small.

Here are some quick observations to other microdrivers in my collection:

Fxt90 vs A31:bass goes to the a31. Way more fun. Mids go to fxt90. More raw sounding, witch I don't really like, but they sound more full than the a31. The treble I would just slightly give to the fxt90. Its about the same in detail, but the fxt90 portrays it more vividly and sounds more open and airy.

Fxd70 vs a31:bass and mids go to the a31. The fxd70 sound recessed in both by comparison. The treble sound better on the fxd70. By a pretty big margin. Highly detailed and forward as well.

Fxc51 vs a31: bass again goes to the a31. The fxc51 sound loose in comparison. I like the mids on both about the same, givibg a slight edge to the fxc51 for tonality. And treble is given to the fxc51. It is less controlled that the a31, but it gives more to the overall sound by giving it a lot more room to breathe.

These are just quick impressions and comparisons. Its all I had time to do. At the end of the day, I think Fidue made a fun sounding phone that is built well, very comfortable and tiny, and has a competent sound that tends to get a bit hollow sounding up top.

If anyone is interested in trying these out or want to start a tour, I will gladly pass them around!

Thanks for the comparisons!
I didn't know the A31 is so small 
smile.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #73 of 74
Hello, friends.

Today, i had the privelage of hearing the aurisonics rockets. Even though i mighy be a little late to the party, i wanted to say a few things about how wonderful these sound.

As many have said, the overall sound is a neutral/mid-centric tuning. Its done very well. Very very well. Im in love with the sound of these guys. I was worried that i wouldnt be used to the light bass, but it really performs so well, tight very detailed bass, that i dont even miss the big bassy sound from my other in ears.

If anyone here has ever heard any of the phonak audeo PFE1xx series earphones, to me, the rockets sound very similar to them, but with more bass. I compared the two and thats what i found to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back