A review of X-Feed (Standalone crossfeed)
Sep 15, 2003 at 12:43 PM Post #136 of 165
I received the x-feed last week. After a little over a weekend of constant listening, I don't think I will ever listen to my headphone rig without this little silver box.

I listen to Beyer 880's through both a MintMeta and a Marantz 2220 vintage amp. Before x-feed, I would have to take breaks from listening every hour or so due to the closed in feeling I would get. Since having the x-feed, I no longer need to take these breaks.

I have found the x-feed effect is much more effective (sound is in front of me rather than engulfing me) in older recordings than newer ones. This makes sense considering the early stereo recordings are much different than today's.

Cheers

Sep 17, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #138 of 165
Well my MK4 is sitting at the post office since Friday. They will not leave it requiring a signature and I can't pick it up since they close at 4:30 and I don't get home until 5:30 from work
frown.gif
mad.gif
They did tell me over the phone that they will hold it to Saturday so there is hope.

Oct 1, 2003 at 4:55 PM Post #142 of 165
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
You best ensure you pick it up Darius considering it's "signed for"
600smile.gif
You have the first MK4 and I can't wait to hear your comments. PinkFloyd. [/B]

Hopefully this weekend I will have the time to try it. Can't wait
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2003 at 6:09 AM Post #146 of 165
I have been listening to the xfeed mk4 for about a week and I like it. I have not heard of any other crossfeeds before so this is my first "crossfeed experience".

The xfeed does something good to the sound but I cant describe it.

The change is very subtle that in my novice ears, if someone puts on the xfeed in my rig and doesn't tell me, I might not know that its there. IMO It doesn't change anything, meaning the lows, mids and highs stays the same. But with the xfeed on, I can listen to music with my headphones longer. What it adds is some sense of "airy" change, and this is a welcome change for me. Maybe you could call it addition of depth, but not like the ones I experience when listening to music using HEAROs 999 software player. Xfeeds effect is very subtle and doesnt sound "trying" or artificial.

I'll try to add to this when I can find better words to explain this as im sure I may sound like im not making sense
tongue.gif
But if I have to sum it up, the Xfeed makes the music more enjoyable to listen to.

Good work Mike!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back