a review of Biosciencegeek Cmoy amp
May 26, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #20 of 29
May 26, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #21 of 29
May 26, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #22 of 29
im interested to buy op-amp from Burson, however im not sure how im gonna install it on my CMOY..im clueless when it comes to audio DIY :frowning2:

any help? is it just easy as removing old one with hand and installing new one?!

May 28, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #23 of 29
Just wanted to make a note that I recently bought a pair of MrSpeakers' Mad Dogs on Ebay and I am happy to report that my BSG CMOY powers them very well even on low gain. Granted, I am pretty careful about my listening levels, nevertheless, I was initially worried about how it might handle these relatively needy cans, but hey sound great! No need to look for a new amp, thank goodness.

Also, regarding Op-Amp rolling, I would suggest reading this insightful article: http://nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/08/op-amps-myths-facts.html

It certainly changed the way I see what is actually happening when people say they hear different sound signatures from different amps.

update, with a few days of listening now under my belt, I can say the CMoy can power the Mad Dogs no problem, but I feel compared to my O2 it is a little flat. Still pleasant, but just feels like the musicians are now playing after a big night out and they haven't fully recovered.

cheers

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #25 of 29
Guys, am I the only one noticing some distortion on low impedance headphones? My Aurisonics Rockets definitely do not like this amp.

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #26 of 29
How low is low? I have only tested cans from 32 ohms and up.

Maybe check with the maker to see if he knows the output impedance of the headphone jack. Maybe it is too high for your HPs.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #27 of 29
How low is low? I have only tested cans from 32 ohms and up.

Maybe check with the maker to see if he knows the output impedance of the headphone jack. Maybe it is too high for your HPs.

They are 16 ohm's. Must be too low :frowning2:

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #28 of 29
take it for what you will, but I know a few threads on here suggest a 1:8 or even a 1:10 ratio for the output jack / headphone impedance levels. This might mean the output jack has an output impedance of 2+?? Maybe ask Sanjay if he will look it over for you. I know he stands by his work. I would certainly reach out to him and get his opinion. He definitely knows them inside and out. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back