A Request for Jude
Nov 25, 2001 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
I was wondering if you would consider adding a "Head-Fi for PDA" link? I would love to be able to surf the forums on my Cassiopeia handheld, but the formatting on the forums looks awful that way. Just a text only version of the forums formatted for handheld screens would be the ticket. I don't know if there are other people who would like this too, or how much more work it would be for you Jude, but I thought I would throw the idea out there.

Nov 25, 2001 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 7
redshifter,

At the bottom of every thread is a button that says "Show Printable Version." That opens up a text version of the thread. That is currently the best immediately available solution.

As far as a plain-text version of all the non-thread pages, that's something we'd consider if enough requests were made for it. Admittedly, yours is the first, but maybe others need this too.

Nov 25, 2001 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks Jude, I'll try the printable version.

Looks like at least two votes so far!
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2001 at 9:10 AM Post #5 of 7
Yes, a pda link or channel would be cool. In fact, my curiosity started when Jude mentioned about using coolets in one of the balanced power threads. Since then I have used iSiloWeb to download the printable versions of threads to my palm. The iSilo format is much easier to use than the coola conduit. I wonder if anyone of you PDA users have created personal Avantgo channel or if head-fi can hook up with Avantgo.

Nov 26, 2001 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 7
I'll start looking into the possibility of a PDA-friendly option, but I can't make any promises on time frames or anything like that.

rajan, I can't believe I haven't tried using AvantGo and seeing how it works with Head-Fi. I'll try that too.

Nov 26, 2001 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 7
I used Avantgo to create my Head-Fi channel, and with images turned off it still looked messed up. Also with a link depth of 1 on no off site browsing I wasn't able to access the forums from the main page (does the url change from www to cgi at some point?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back