A real listening chair for electronic music?
Apr 19, 2016 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ghaunty22

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for what people use when listening to trance for enjoyment? I can't see under any circumstances using a stock store brought chair even with a $1000 price tag. Nothing I have seen is suitable. Doing some online searching shows just comfort mixing style chairs that don't actually address the nature of euphoric music at all, like when you move to the sound. I can't see people just sitting there like zombies in a ridged chair.

The chair should have a lot of padding, be medium sized area, height adjustable & rotates, centre base be ridged, maybe on wheels for not so slippery surface like carpet. No arms or backing. And have some sideways/lateral give & forward pitch/give of just a few inches. It would be a high impact chair that has to be heavy duty.

I have a few ideas from mucking around with some old office chairs, but looking to see if anyone else uses a custom chair to enjoy music on. Just looking for some ideas.

thanks

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 3
Maybe not quite what what you were looking for, but I find my La-Z-Boy recliner great for listening sessions. I listen to a lot of trance too, I find myself in a lucid state quite often while listening to Sunlounger - The Beach Side of Life album, more of a progressive style of trance though for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back