A question about the PFE232's durability
Feb 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

daniel521

500+ Head-Fier
About a year ago, I ordered the pfe232 from earphone solutions, and I lived its sound signature. However, after a couple of day's, I noticed something really odd: the left earphone was completely devoid of bass. My guess is that the bass driver in the left year had broken. I was very disappointed, and I shipped them back to earphone solutions and asked for a refund. I haven't bought any other IEM's ever since. Now, I want to get myself a new pair, and I'm contemplating about buying the pfe232's again, but I am obviously skeptical due to what happened. Was that a result of it being fragile (low durability) or was I just extremely unlucky? Should I go ahead and buy a new pair of them?

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 3
My PFE232`s only lasted about 2 months, and this is coming from a user who has maintained their klipsch x10`s for 3 years, luckily they were replaced under warranty but the thin, stiff cable that connects to the earpieces is not quite as sturdy as reviews would like you to believe (this is the part that broke for me, one earpiece began cutting out intermittently), the earpieces themselves seemed sturdy enough though, yours probably had some sort of defect as this deosn`t seem to be a common issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back