A poll IF you have owned the SE530s and Triple Fis
Aug 18, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #16 of 26
I owned both, but I owned the SE530s longer. I like the E500s for its bass and very nice IEM soundstage, but I like the Triple.fi's better because they have a better treble extension.

However, if I were to only have one headphone/IEM, it would be the Shures, because I would forget about extended treble after not listening to a reference headphones for some time.

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #17 of 26
Owned both twice, much prefer the SE530 on all counts. The slightly forward midrange sounds more accurate and natural versus the slightly forward bass and treble and recessed midrange of TFPro.

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I spent the weekend up in tanglewood attending the concerts. My thoughts were that sound presentation was much more similar to that of the Shures than the Triple Fis. I always prefer a brighter headphone with my classical listening, but in this instance I was reminded that a concert hall can very often be a warmish venue with a blossoming midrange.

Yes, many associate a bright presentation with detail/accuracy/etc. but it's often just not this way in the real world. Unless your seat is ten feet from the hi-hats...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #19 of 26
Well I have not voted as I own only the Triple's (and will probably never own or try the Shures). But it was interesting to read the poll results.

While Triples have a lot of pref. on the SQ, Shure clearly represents a more balanced package of SQ, comfort and isolation to the users who've voted.

David, the poll choices were very exhaustive and thorough and present a clear comparative picture of the two IEMs from those who truly know. Thanks!

Aug 19, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #20 of 26
I find it very interesting that not a single person voted for the triple fis for any other reason than sound quality. So @geekchic, it's not a lot of pref. on the sound quality, it's ONLY pref. of the sound quality for triple fi owners.

Aug 20, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #21 of 26
i was wondering, since most people here owned both.. which one would not be too under performing with ipod and no amp? i am torn between these 2, but i know most high end earphones need an amp to shine but i don't have that luxury.

and FWIW the E2C lacks a lot of midrange to high end detail when compared to say, a HD580. but i prefer IEMs than full sized cans...cause it doesnt get my ear sweating and uncomfortable..

help please.

Aug 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #24 of 26
nsx-23, if it helps, I have heard the Triples with 3 of the players in your sig (Iriver H3x, Clip and D2) and I can say it sounds great on all of them - my fav is the D2 but the Iriver-Triple combo has a warmer signature that I also like.

I too found the Triples at a significantly cheaper price than the Shures when I bought them - to put it bluntly, I could not afford the Shures - and I'm very happy with them.

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was wondering, since most people here owned both.. which one would not be too under performing with ipod and no amp? i am torn between these 2, but i know most high end earphones need an amp to shine but i don't have that luxury.

I tend to listen on the loud side and the SE530's are quite a bit easier to drive. I found the TFPro's challenged unamped at louder volumes.

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tend to listen on the loud side and the SE530's are quite a bit easier to drive. I found the TFPro's challenged unamped at louder volumes.

I don't share the same opinion as TF10 being challenged unamped at louder volumes. Instead, I think is TF10 is just as easy to drive as most IEM I tried, if not easier. However, I do agree than SE530 is extremely sensitive and efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back