A.P. Exams
Apr 27, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #76 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Sorry, it carried over from another college thread *sigh* Harvard is great if you're into it and all. But the match should be based on more than just the name only.

Do you believe me that where you go for undergrad doesn't really matter for medical school?

Be careful with exempting college courses with AP credits if you plan to go to medical school. Medical schools require you to take certain college-level classes (bio, gen chem, and physics, which can be exempted through via AP). Vanderbilt's medical school will not accept AP credits and requires you to take the actual college class. You might want to check other program specifics as well if you're not doing medicine.

well yea, I'm also of the opinion that it's the grad school that matters, not the undergrad program. Just wanted to add that Harvard undergrad isn't half so bad
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:45 PM Post #77 of 90
AP Scores don't matter all that much at all. Looking back, I wouldn't even have taken many of the AP tests I took.

My AP Scores? 3 in Eng Language and Composition, 4 in AP Chem, 4 in US History, 4 in Calc BC.... and...

3 in Physics C Mechanics
1 in Physics C Electricity and Magnetism

muahahahaha. Yeah, so, I never took physics in highschool and had this crazy idea that I could study AP Physics while doing everything else required before I left for Taiwan. Basically a bad idea, I studied for a couple saturdays, and then gave up. Walked into the test thinking I could at least derive some of the Mechanics as I had taken Calc ages ago. Which apparently I did. I need to get around to whiping that 1 off my transcript haha.

Anyways, where am I going? Stanford. Did I submit my AP Scores? Nope.

Also, the Harvard stuff... I was rejected from Harvard (who I think I did submit some AP scored to), but their engineering is 18th! Ha! Stanfords is 2nd (MIT is first but I didn't apply there).

Anyways, for everyone who are taking them. Good luck!

May 2, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #78 of 90
I have my AP world history test tomorrow... I am so scared that I get an essay that I know nothing about and/or only know half the essay question, major point deduction!

May 2, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #79 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpburton5150
AP Scores don't matter all that much at all. Looking back, I wouldn't even have taken many of the AP tests I took.

My AP Scores? 3 in Eng Language and Composition, 4 in AP Chem, 4 in US History, 4 in Calc BC.... and...

3 in Physics C Mechanics
1 in Physics C Electricity and Magnetism

muahahahaha. Yeah, so, I never took physics in highschool and had this crazy idea that I could study AP Physics while doing everything else required before I left for Taiwan. Basically a bad idea, I studied for a couple saturdays, and then gave up. Walked into the test thinking I could at least derive some of the Mechanics as I had taken Calc ages ago. Which apparently I did. I need to get around to whiping that 1 off my transcript haha.

Anyways, where am I going? Stanford. Did I submit my AP Scores? Nope.

Also, the Harvard stuff... I was rejected from Harvard (who I think I did submit some AP scored to), but their engineering is 18th! Ha! Stanfords is 2nd (MIT is first but I didn't apply there).

Anyways, for everyone who are taking them. Good luck!

someone from our school applied to stanford, and didn't get in! He was perfect, had no flaws, really! He got straight As in all AP classes, is a All state singer, really nice and caring and outgoing person, was an all american varsity swimmer, an eagle scout, highest GPA etc.... If he is so perfect, how did you get into stanford?

May 2, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #81 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
someone from our school applied to stanford, and didn't get in! He was perfect, had no flaws, really! He got straight As in all AP classes, is a All state singer, really nice and caring and outgoing person, was an all american varsity swimmer, an eagle scout, highest GPA etc.... If he is so perfect, how did you get into stanford?

A guy from my high school (a year below me) had a 1560 SAT, valedictorian, 5s on AP exams, etc. got into Stanford.

May 3, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #83 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh

stanford's admissions process is pretty dumb... the way they accept people, you could get in on one day, but get rejected on a different day. They try to build a "community"

May 3, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #84 of 90
Um, besides the college debate...I'm taking the World History exam tomorrow, too, and I have questions for anybody who's also taken it. In our last week of review, our class took the multiple choice test from the 2002 release, as well as poring over DBQs with 9's, scoring guidelines, etc. Anyway, I got 61/70 correct on the multiple choice (tomorrow, I think I'll realistically get 50-55), and I'm hoping to get at least 15 points on the essays; I'm good on DBQs(7,8) and comparative essays look easy to me, but I'm nervous about the COT. Anybody got any pointers for me, and will my probable score (55 correct on MC, 15-18 essay points) get me a 4 or 5?

May 3, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #85 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff
Um, besides the college debate...I'm taking the World History exam tomorrow, too, and I have questions for anybody who's also taken it. In our last week of review, our class took the multiple choice test from the 2002 release, as well as poring over DBQs with 9's, scoring guidelines, etc. Anyway, I got 61/70 correct on the multiple choice (tomorrow, I think I'll realistically get 50-55), and I'm hoping to get at least 15 points on the essays; I'm good on DBQs(7,8) and comparative essays look easy to me, but I'm nervous about the COT. Anybody got any pointers for me, and will my probable score (55 correct on MC, 15-18 essay points) get me a 4 or 5?

Someone said if you get a 55 percent on the multiple choice, and get a 6,7,7 on the essays you can get a 5... Also I'm a little worried about change over time, its hard to find three examples, one from beginning and one from middle and one in the end that illustrates change. I think I'm just going to BS my way through the CoT because they grade off the rubric, no matter how "crappy" the essay might be and if you just satisfy the rubric conditions, you're all set. They could ask ANYTHING on those essays, which is why I'm nervous...

May 3, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #86 of 90
What you said about BSing your way through, I think I'm going to follow that, too...how do you feel about the multiple choice? I can easily rattle off facts, but I have trouble on those analysis questions (example: In which answer is it correctly stated that Empire A and Empire B have a major difference on Subject C...). I think the comparative essay is going to be easy, but there's always the chance of getting a completely s***ty topic. How do you think you're going to do?

On the college debate, I'm just a freshman, so I can't really relate; I hope to get into UF, though, as it's almost an Ivy League school of the South.

May 3, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #87 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff
What you said about BSing your way through, I think I'm going to follow that, too...how do you feel about the multiple choice? I can easily rattle off facts, but I have trouble on those analysis questions (example: In which answer is it correctly stated that Empire A and Empire B have a major difference on Subject C...). I think the comparative essay is going to be easy, but there's always the chance of getting a completely s***ty topic. How do you think you're going to do?

On the college debate, I'm just a freshman, so I can't really relate; I hope to get into UF, though, as it's almost an Ivy League school of the South.

I do bad on the multple choice question with like the roman numerals. The amswer choices are often like

a. I and II
b. I, II and III
c. III and IV
d. All of the above

Those ones are tricky. If I get a obscure topic, I guess there really isn't that much you can do in the test room, so you just have to BS and follow the rubric...

AHH! AP exams in two hours, guess like this iit

May 3, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #88 of 90
Well, 35 minutes to go...

Good Luck!
biggrin.gif
I hope we both do well on the exam ([size=xx-small]so I don't have to refund $85[/size])...

May 3, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #89 of 90
just had the exam, I don't think I did that well on the multiple choice, my DBQ and Compare and Contrast Essay were good, but I BSed a little through the CoT essay like you said (I can't discuss the contents)

May 4, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #90 of 90
I am going to be a junior next year and will be taking several AP classes and probly 5 my senior year. The reason i am taking them though is really i am just bored going to a private high school and taking honors classes and not having to study or open my backpack at night. Plus i would like the college credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back