A nice pair of glasses, what would look good on me?
Oct 14, 2007 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

terance

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey head-fi, I am looking for a slick pair of glasses.

I want to spend ~100 bucks (give or take) on a nice pair of designer frames. I recently started a GIS internship, and i've been spending A LOT of time looking at computer screens and I am going to need a new perscription anyways, so I figured I'd invest in some nice frames while I was at it.

I am shown on the far left, I no longer have the longer hair but all other features are the same.

n22002388_31874953_7268.jpg

unfortunately I am in the United States so I can not indulge in any more Guinness
frown.gif

thanks for the help head-fiers, hope everyone is having a good evening.

_matt

I will compile everyone's recommendations below this sentence:

i personally think these look slick as hell!
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-FENDI-...QQcmdZViewItem

these also look pretty cool
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Christian-Di...QQcmdZViewItem

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 20
Something with brown PLASTIC rims. They're where you want to be.

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 20
Personally I like thin wired, rectangular glasses with no bottom wire only on the top, but that is just me...

I am not sure if oval or rectangle would go better with you, for some reason I lean towards rectangle (partially because I like them more)

Edit: I dont really care for the ovals it looks sorta odd... possibly bring a girl-friend or good friend to the store and see what they prefer also ask for ideas from the people at the store itself

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 20
Ever tried the frame-less glasses? They seem cool and unintrusive.

A friend bought his frames online and said that prices are 1/3 of those at the optometrists.

Also don't forget to add the anti-radiation coating that should help relieve your eyes from computer screen glares.

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever tried the frame-less glasses? They seem cool and unintrusive.

A friend bought his frames online and said that prices are 1/3 of those at the optometrists.

Also don't forget to add the anti-radiation coating that should help relieve your eyes from computer screen glares.

i will deffinately ask for anti-radiation coating, thanks for that tip my eyes have been absolutely killing me. I was looking at frames on ebay, they are pretty damn cheap, i'll have to find other online retailers as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I like thin wired, rectangular glasses with no bottom wire only on the top, but that is just me...

I am not sure if oval or rectangle would go better with you, for some reason I lean towards rectangle (partially because I like them more)

Edit: I dont really care for the ovals it looks sorta odd... possibly bring a girl-friend or good friend to the store and see what they prefer also ask for ideas from the people at the store itself

yeah, i am pretty sick of oval glasses, my last few pairs have been black-wire ovals. I kind of want something a little thicker and square.

thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

-matt

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you not interested in contact lenses?

I have tried them, both the hard and soft kind.

long story short, they did not work out for me
mad.gif

this was about 6 months ago, they just wouldn't stay focused in my eyes, and my optomitrist recommended that i stay with glasses.

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i personally think these look slick as hell!
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-FENDI-...QQcmdZViewItem

Don't go there dude. You're not Bono...those will look dorky on you. Not good.

I've had trouble in places like Costco finding ANY frames I liked (to me they all looked too feminine), so last year when it was time for new glasses I went for some nice frames off a pair of designer sunglasses. Serengeti in my case, though the Bolle's were my first choice, but by the time I went back they had none left. Then they did them up for me with transition and coating, so these are my full time glasses and sunglasses. Ended up costing slightly more but I've been happy with my choice.

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that would help. . .If i knew what looked good on me
tongue.gif

That's why you go to the store and try stuff in front of the mirror
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why you go to the store and try stuff in front of the mirror
biggrin.gif

X2. And bring a close girlfriend or lady friend.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back