A New Tube Aplifier From Serbia- Trafomatic
Oct 10, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #61 of 103
I thought everyone in Norway looked like this:

gaahl-sotra.jpg

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #62 of 103
lol
biggrin.gif

But honestly... can we keep this thread ontopic?

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #63 of 103
Yeah, well, only when we are out looking for food and berries.
Looks like blueberry is his favorite
icon10.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #64 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the heck? It didn't arrive yet?

If you want I can walk to the post office tomorrow and ask for the status and maybe let it track or something.

Quite weird...

Edit: I just took out the receipt of the post office. It was the 30.09.2008 when it was shipped away. If you want I can scan and send the receipt to you.

A tracking number would be nice. Let's go see where it is. I bet the mule with my package turned left half way and went for Spain.....

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #65 of 103
Got pm with shipment number. But from what I know this kind of (normal) shipping doesn't provide any online tracking services. Anyway I think they can tell me what's going on if I call them or contact them directly at the post office.

So I will call them tomorrow and see what's going on there...

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #66 of 103
Kees, I hope this amp wouldnt suck on speed, cos if its the same as the shipping procedure I would resell without opening the package.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry for such black humor...
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A tracking number would be nice. Let's go see where it is. I bet the mule with my package turned left half way and went for Spain.....

Oct 11, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #67 of 103
Hey, just an update. Online tracking with the number I gave you is possible on www.post.at .

It says that it arrived in the Netherlands on 8.10.2008 and they tried to deliver it to you but couldn't meet you (probably not at home?) so they should have left a notification, right?

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #68 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, just an update. Online tracking with the number I gave you is possible on www.post.at .

It says that it arrived in the Netherlands on 8.10.2008 and they tried to deliver it to you but couldn't meet you (probably not at home?) so they should have left a notification, right?

Yes, but they didn't (I wasn't home though).
So I made a printoutf the tracking log and went to the post office, and guess what? I GOT IT!!!!!
It is working perfectly fine and burning in right now.

Just some pics for teasers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for your help MONVMENTVM.

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #69 of 103
WOW, it sure is beautiful! Looking forward to hearing about its sound. Congrats!

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #70 of 103
Wow the black one is a real beauty too. I think I'll have to post some pics of mine too
biggrin.gif

What's your initial impression about the amp? Especially as you also have GS-1000, right?

Cheers

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #72 of 103
The crappy photos don't do justice to the looks of this amp.
Look & feel of this amp are superb. Next to this piece of equipment everything else looks shabby.

Another thing I want to say here is that I got great service from Trafomatic (Sasa). The original amp took a long time to arrive, but that had mainly to do with Slovenian customs. When it arrived and turned out to be not quite ok (a channel imbalance) Sasa arranged to send another amp right away. He also arranged that I could return my first amp to an address in Holland, saving a lot of hassle and shipping cost. He also answered all my e-mails promptly.
Despite the long waiting I have no complaints about Trafomatic at all.

Sound.
It needs a lot of burn-in. Definitely.
Very preliminary:
MASSIVE sound.
Much bass. (usually one of those things that tighten up with burn-in)
Very forward mids.
Rather shy in the highs (but that may be mainly because of the massive bass and forward midrange).
It hits hard and fast, despite its heavy sound signature.
Soundsatage not very big, even somewhat congested, but that will hopefully open up with burn-in.
Transparency is not it's forte right now. This can also improve enormously with burn-in.
A lot of PRAT. It definitely rocks.
The overall first impression actually reminds me a lot of my L3000.

I tried the GS1000 because MONVMENTVM mentioned them, and I can see how they match very well. The mids of the GS1000 benefit a lot by the forwardness of this amp.

I need to give it more time now.

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #73 of 103
I've been following this thread from it's inception.....

I'm glad you got your amp Kees
smily_headphones1.gif
I think it's beautiful. Love that glossy piano black lacquer finish, looks great with the gold accents.

I wish I could afford such an amp, the transformers in this thing are top notch and I love the overall design idea behind it. No corners cut on this amp that I can see. Commendable build quality.

I bet some judicious tube rolling in this amp yields outstanding results....first things first though...burn in on stock tubes.

I look forward to your impressions once burn in is complete.

Congrats on the amp !!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #75 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think some tube rolling could solve the burn-in issues?

There are no tubes to roll. The 6S45 only has one very rare, difficult to find, expensive nos WE equivalent. The EZ80/ 6v4 rectifier has a few different brands but most sound very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back