a new soundcard
Jun 10, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
I still don't understand about this audio offloading thing. I thought it had something to do with offloading the audio processing from my processors to the soundcards so it doesn't sacrifice any cpu cycles for audio?

Audio offloading is indeed shifting the load to the soundcard, and most cards that can do that, use hardware acceleration to output higher quality audio, compared to cards that don't have hardware acceleration and rely only on software.

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
I still don't understand about this audio offloading thing. I thought it had something to do with offloading the audio processing from my processors to the soundcards so it doesn't sacrifice any cpu cycles for audio?

Audio sound processing is not something to worry about with current quad-core processors, and you have six cores. I'm more of a fan of Asus Xonar line, I would say got for the Asus Xonar DG. you might be able to save money by buying off eBay and having it shipped to you.

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
Audio sound processing is not something to worry about with current quad-core processors, and you have six cores. I'm more of a fan of Asus Xonar line, I would say got for the Asus Xonar DG. you might be able to save money by buying off eBay and having it shipped to you.

Audio sound processing load isn't something to worry about, higher sound processing quality is. If gaming enters the picture, a X-Fi based card is crucial, with the regular X-Fi Titanium working perfectly.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceXIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif

is the x-fi titanium much better than the xonar?

I find them to be more or less on par. But, gaming is really where the X-Fi chip shines, and Xonar just can't reach it.

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
is the x-fi titanium much better than the xonar?

I can't say the Xonars are better at gaming then the X-Fi Titanium, especially  if you were using Windows XP and playing older games, then for sure the X-Fi would be better, I like the Xonars because to fix or reinstall drivers is so much easier over creative cards, also I really like the Dolby Headphone on my Xonar DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back