A new show your bicycle thread
Sep 14, 2005 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

pigmode

Truck-Fi
This is my first threadless setup, and there was much anxiety in picking a stem and spacer configuration prior to buildup. Studied a lot of pictures and pretty much nailed it down. Thats a 30mm stack below the stem, but will be reduced to 15mm for a 9cm handlebar drop.

DSC00427.JPG

Sep 14, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 42
Sweet colnago.

Heres my cheapass singlespeed that im about to sell, in order to buy a 2nd road bike.
smily_headphones1.gif

ss1.jpg

Haven't got photos of my road bike or mtb at the mo.

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 42
mountain biking, when its not too hilly! The single gear kills you up the hills and you spin out on the downhills. BUT its all about the 'experience'. No thinking about which gear to be in, no worrying about maintenence, no suspension so you feel the trail. Its actually quite enjoyable. And pushing that gear up hills definately makes u stronger!

Hoping to sell it this weekend thou. Want to buy a 2nd hand old italian steel road bike.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 42
I want the Schwinn Three, or a vintage boardwalk cruiser. Something to ride up the riverwalk on the island.

lg_55.46.S4_GLB_CRUISER3_WHTBLK_M.jpg

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #8 of 42
Hopefully I'll be getting a bike in the next week or two.

Are used bikes usually OK or is new neccessary? Are hybrid bikes (with the thinner tires) OK for bumpy streets and occasional curbs?

I'll post pics when I get one

Sep 15, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 42
Mikey's ride. Schwinn GS Sierra Comfort/mountain.
tongue.gif
Bought new for $225.
Mbike.jpg

Sep 15, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacDaddy
Hopefully I'll be getting a bike in the next week or two.

Are used bikes usually OK or is new neccessary? Are hybrid bikes (with the thinner tires) OK for bumpy streets and occasional curbs?

I'll post pics when I get one

I use a hybrid bike, it's a low-end Trek, got it for about $200 on sale a couple years ago. Nothing fancy, but it handles quite nicely on bumpy streets, railroad tracks, etc, and it also has a shock absorbing seat which helps too. I do ride over curbs. I think hybrid bikes are good for people who do a mixture of trail and road riding, I don't think I would want to take it on any "serious" trails but it works pretty well for riding around the neighborhood.

Used bikes are fine, especially if you find one with a good frame. You can always get new tires or something if necessary.

Here's a link to a similar bike, I don't think they make mine any more:
http://www2.trekbikes.com/Bikes/City...7000/index.php

Sep 15, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #12 of 42
Heres my road bike. A old Giant Tcr Compact. Alu frame with carbon forks. 8 spd Dura-ace and 600 (old ultegra) drivetrain and wheels. Looks a bit grimey at the mo, because I've been commuting 25 miles a day on it.

tcr.jpg

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20
i love your bike. colnago master? and is that an aliante saddle? just beautiful!

Yup, Aliante Ti. Took a couple of rides to find the sweet spot, but its a keeper. The frame is a NOS 2002 Master XL. The new Campy is great. I can move from the big ring to the small and vice versa, by shifting f/r simultaneously and hit the right gear everytime.

All bicycles are good. I want to get one of those commuter bikes with baskets that they use in Japan.

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #14 of 42
02.jpg

2001 K2 DMC pro-series frame/fork

way too many custom components to list

ps: freestyle bmx at burnside > you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back