A new show your bicycle thread
Sep 15, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
mini_hiwheel2.jpg

Hah, even has a rear brake. I rode a real one once. Forget the size, but I'll never try one again. Too scary.

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #20 of 42
just got a new bike last saturday. It's a Norco Bushpilot.

I don't still ride my old raleigh to school and use this for trails. I probably could ride this to schoold and use a heavy u-lock for the frame, a thick cable lock for the frame/ front wheel and a thin cable lock for the back wheel (both wheels are quick release). But I saw more than 3 bikes just like it get stolen last year. It also keeps it from getting nasty little scratches that i can avoid.

When i was shopping for it i had two basic needs: 1, double wall rims, 2 a good solid frame and this was the cheapest solution, on sale $75 off
icon10.gif

ps i hate my camera. it has to be a sunny day with not a cloud in the sky before i can take a good pic
rolleyes.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #21 of 42
here is a dark pic but i like it. a raleigh 2005 grand prix. It is working out nicely. I think I am going to replace the drivetrain with ultegra parts soon. tiagra isn't that nice but the 105 stuff seems to be working out nicely.

bike.jpg

Jun 7, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
Thread ressurection! Anyway, while you brought it back up, here's my slightly modified Fuji Royale flatbar road bike and my sadly hardly-ever-ridden flatland BMX bike.

Hey, nice! Flatlanders are few and far between, it seems. How come it hasn't seen much action?

I bought a used Haro Master and for the past few summers I've been trying to learn to ride flat but it really is difficult.

Jun 8, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan

ez_speedster_ax.jpg

Are those hard to balance? I have seen a few people around here on them, they seem neat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume that its easier to get some power behind your pedals?

Jun 8, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #28 of 42
I'll post a pic of mine once I get it back from the shop, just took it in tonight for a tune up. It's a GT NRS Air, a 2003 I think. It is pretty sweet and very fast for a mountain bike.
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Are those hard to balance? I have seen a few people around here on them, they seem neat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume that its easier to get some power behind your pedals?

They are very easy to learn how to ride and balance. The most difficult thing to get used to for me was that you don't really need to lean nearly as much to turn a corner like you would on a traditional bike. The slightest move left or right with the handlebars results in a pretty dramatic left or right turn. So the steering is quite sensitive and you only need a very small movement to steer left or right. But once you get the hang of it you just sit back and enjoy the scenery. Easily the most comfortable and fun bike I have ever ridden, it is like riding a La-Z-Boy down the street. And yes you can take off like a bat out of hell on one of these puppies. I do notice that we get a lot of strange looks, and people constantly ask us about the bikes. They are indeed a curious looking contraption if you have never seen one in action before.

icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back