A new player is entering the fray - iHiFi960 (with unboxing pictures)
Oct 20, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 59
Quote:
The  QA350 andTera player are wave only, the Studio V plays most formats and accepts micro SD.

Yeah, I got a bit confused.  So does the Studio V support digital out?

And I have one more, (kind of) off-topic question.  I am trying to figure out a way to work around the lack-o-gapless in two players.  I heard that a "cue sheet" file might help, but I can't seem to get the players to recognize multiple tracks in my consolidated album file or bypass the gaps in my multi-track files for an album.  Any ideas?  I have soundtracks with transitions I want to listen to without the abrupt gap between tracks but may still want to jump around track-to-track..

I may have to move that question somewhere else, but if the IHIFI960 doesn't support gapless, it will still be relevant to this thread.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #18 of 59
Hi retrophonic, - Can you compare the sound quality between iHiFi960 vs C4 ? - The iHiFi960 come with the custom EQ ? Thanks PS: Answer HK_sends ,, No digital out from Studio V ( I have Rocoo P and BA and plan to buy Studio 3 ANV)

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #22 of 59
Quote:
comes with two digital-out but without digital-in, whereas LD DP_1 with one digital in and one digital out

Yeah, I have the DP_I also and will do a side-by-side comparison.  On a side note, have you heard if the DP_I is going to get another firmware update?  Version 2.3.0 has been out since last Oct and is really buggy...err..."feature limited".  I sent an e-mail to Little Dot and never heard back.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #23 of 59
The photos posted were not mine, and I don't have a C4 to compare unfortunately. The IHIFi812V2 has a dark sound with great instrument separation and very smooth vocals, and just the right amount of bass.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #24 of 59
Hi retrophonic, - Can you compare the sound quality between iHiFi960 vs C4 ? - The iHiFi960 come with the custom EQ ? Thanks PS: Answer HK_sends ,, No digital out from Studio V ( I have Rocoo P and BA and plan to buy Studio 3 ANV)

The IHIFI812V2 does not have a custom EQ unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure the 960 does not
either. It has EQ presets which either sounds best on Jazz or just simply disabled.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #27 of 59
Quote:
The photos posted were not mine, and I don't have a C4 to compare unfortunately. The IHIFi812V2 has a dark sound with great instrument separation and very smooth vocals, and just the right amount of bass.

I meant to thank you for the pictures.  I do have a question, is the TF card a "regular" SD size or a "micro"?  I need to know so I can get a couple for the test and review.
Thanks!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back