A New forum Home For Headphoners!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2001 at 3:12 AM Post #46 of 79
Now here's a good alternative site for headphone geeks!
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried some other so-called "audio" sites, but their coverage of headphones (in general) is really crappy!
eek.gif

Jun 27, 2001 at 5:37 PM Post #47 of 79
"Hey Jude", Jude! It's wonderfull, thanks!

Are you running the whole thing yourself
confused.gif
? Then, if possible, just of my damn curiosity, could you please briefly sum up what hard/soft are you using?

Thanks again, man!

Aug 3, 2002 at 2:46 AM Post #49 of 79
... yeah, what the hell ARE you doing?

Aug 3, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #51 of 79
lol just now when i read judes first post, i thought that post was made today...

Im like "what headphone forum? head-fi? its been here for a year...whats going on?"

lol....i should read the dates of posts more often
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 4:22 PM Post #52 of 79
lol, you and me both Jlo...

For a moment there, I thought i'd fallen asleep at the last mods meeting... and that they were leaving 'home' without me
tongue.gif

<falls asleep again>

Aug 3, 2002 at 6:06 PM Post #54 of 79
This is like Flintstones Kids or Smallville or something. You guys were such nice guys back then. What happened!??

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #56 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
You guys were such nice guys back then. What happened!??
smily_headphones1.gif

i was reading some old posts from headwize a couple of weeks ago. it was amazing how civil everyone was on that board back then. mike walker was the only one really rude.

now i like head-fi's design and features. but i preferred headwize's civility.

Aug 3, 2002 at 10:43 PM Post #57 of 79
The problem is that HeadWize is just too damn slow these days. (not loading speed, but in terms of people posting. There's not much activity!)

And I like HeadFi's forum software and colors better, also. I yearn for the days when HeadWize was light purple and gray... The new color scheme... Ick.

Aug 3, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #59 of 79
Wow! And I thought this was a new post, lol. The first one sort of looked like it could be, lol!

Wow. I can't believe I'VE come such a long way. . . from not believing anyone would spend more that $5 on headphones to. . .

Aug 3, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #60 of 79
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by arnett

i was reading some old posts from headwize a couple of weeks ago. it was amazing how civil everyone was on that board back then. mike walker was the only one really rude.

now i like head-fi's design and features. but i preferred headwize's civility.

[/size]

Actually, I think this place is still among the most friendly of the big audio forums (if not the most friendly) I've seen.

I think as time has gone by, we've simply become more honest with each other. I can't imagine it'd be too interesting if we always agreed with each other. And I know that the conversations here resemble real-life friend conversations than one in which everyone is always agreeable.

You wanna see what I hope it doesn't turn into? Check out some of what's been going on in Audio Asylum lately. It got so bad in one thread that someone actually e-mailed someone else's boss to complain about the opinions of the person he disagreed with.

So far, I think this place feels very natural. Kelly has a penchant for raising tempers here from time to time, but he also was wished many a sincerely nice happy birthday wish on his birthday.

I know when I hang out with my buddies in person, there's a lot of debate there too (oh, c'mon, arnett, you and I were hanging out in person for an hour or two, and we were already debating!
tongue.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back