A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!!
Oct 3, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #196 of 386
I know it's my second here, doesn't fit the theme(s), and I have no real hopes of winning anyway, but:

Apex Cherenkov-Blue. 

(For reasons which I assume are obvious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherenkov_radiation) 

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #197 of 386
The Apex "Thunderegg". Oregon's State Rock and a pastime in the Pacific Northwest, I would hunt the rivers in far away Colorado and thumped many round river stone. Cut in half sometimes you would have a geological Fourth of July. Blue/greens and purple amethyst would spring forth, natures wonders to be sure!!

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #199 of 386
Apex Chrysalis

I like this for a number of reasons:
The amp looks a bit like a cocooon to me, with an emerging butterfly (the tube).

The Greek word Chrysalis may be freely rendered into "golden jewel"

Because it is difficult to pronounce and spell, the name can be shortened to maybe: The Apex Salis. Which I also like because it is a part of "cum grano salis", which is latin for with a grain of salt. Something we should take audiophilia with sometimes.

I realise this has nothing to do do with Gelogy.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #200 of 386
I think this should be called "The Apex." I figure what best way to promote the company, than by calling it the company's name itself! It does look pretty badass 
etysmile.gif

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #201 of 386
Apex Switchback
Not only does it sound awesome. The name is intriguing. And "switch" somewhat describes how the volume is changed. That is not the actual meaning, but it is how the name can stick in people's heads.
A switchback is a road that ascends a mountain and has a sharp 180 degree turn to do so.
Every amp in the industry was leading down the same mundane volume control. But Apex is turning the the game around, to reach new heights.

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #203 of 386
It kind of surprised me that no one has mentioned this one:

"Apex Turbine"

tur·bine
ˈtərˌbīn,ˈtərˌbin/
noun
a machine for producing continuous power in which a wheel or rotor, typically fitted with vanes, is made to revolve by a fast-moving flow of water, steam, gas, air, or other fluid.

While it may not necessarily be perfectly related to topology, geography, or geology it does fit the bill of design and could technically be geographically related as it provides it's power via "water, steam, gas, air, or other fluid" meaning it has to be placed in an ideal (geographic/topological) spot if we are referring to air turbines or water turbines.  :)

Just my thoughts on it!  

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #204 of 386
Every time I look at the photos, I think of "20000 Leagues Under the Sea"....

So, I will go a bit off and suggest "The Apex Nautilus"

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #209 of 386
APEX COTOPAXI

Cotopaxi is one of the tallest active volcanoes on the planet. I think that Apex's powerful releases would be well embodied through the name of a volcano, and the majesty of Cotopaxi is captures the strong design/aesthetic features of Apex products in general.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back