A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!!
Oct 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #17 of 386
apex aurora

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #18 of 386
Apex Flux 

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 386
Apex HiFi Azurite. 

Taken from the french/english name of Azurite, a gorgeous blue mineral (http://www.mindat.org/min-447.html) 
The glowing blue tube reminds me of a gemstone erupting from a darker crust matrix. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #21 of 386
COOL amp. Very sci-fi/retro looking. Maybe a name that invokes that type of imagery.

If you want to stick with yourmountain themed nomenclature how about Olympus Mons for the tallest mountain in our solar system on Mars.

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #22 of 386
Crystal. With light under the tube reminds me a bit of a crystal. Under the marketing blurb I'm sure you guys can come up with something like "this amp/preamp helps bring out Crystal clear sound" (or some other cheesy play on words).

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #26 of 386
I know Apex has a habit of naming their products after land formations like Volcanos, Peaks, etc. I like the idea of a faithful, reliable sound that can be augmented by the person's personal tastes.

It makes me think of the "Mesa", a uniform, almost featureless landmark that is the basically the base of a mountain without the peak. The "peak" is achieved by the  adding the person's personal tastes made real by the tubes.

Not to mention that the name Apex "Mesa" has the same distinctive simplicity of the rest of the line's naming conventions, while maintaining the them of land formations. 

Just my two cents.

TL; DR? Apex Mesa

EDIT: and oh yeah, it's compact form factor makes it a perfect...wait for it..."TABLE-TOP AMP"!

Kojaku

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #28 of 386
Apex Calypso

Calypso being a ship Jacques Cousteau brought to the great blue hole near Belize to chart it's depths. 

Edit: Apex great blue hole sounded lame haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back