A more comfortable alternative to the Dunu DN-1000
Aug 3, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 19
Fidue also recently released the A73, it's been very high on my want to try list.  It's a hybrid like the DN-1000 and every review I've seen of it is "glowing", some are preferring it to the A83.  I have the RE-600's and I can't say I would recommend them for someone looking for boosted bass.  There is a very mild lift in the bass but overall neutral sounding to me (although a little rolled off at the extremes).  I find the Sony's and Hifiman IEM's are the most comfortable for me out of my collection. 

Aug 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #17 of 19
The Fidue A73 look interesting, I will keep them in mind.

I am currently eyeing the Audiofly AF140, it's available for ~$250 in Germany. Anyone got experience with them? It's also a hybrid.

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #19 of 19
I decided to go for the Trinity Delta.

Delta vs DN1k:
- More natural sounding, instruments don't bleed on each other, no grainy sound
- No sibilance but on par treble extension
- Mids are lush, vocals sound very natural
- About the same instrument separation with a very slight edge on a DN1k
- Punchier bass, doesn't bleed on other freqs
- Soundstage is about same
- More comfortable
- Surprisingly, I can hear more details on the Delta despite the DN1k having one more BA driver

Cons:
- Midbass is a little too much on EDM tracks for my taste. It doesn't bleed though, so it could be a pro for bassheads.
- Sound is extremely tip-dependent: the difference is night and day. Wearing the wrong tips will make your Apple earpods sound good, but once you found the right tips (for me, they're the tips from vsonic with wide bore and short stem) you will hear $399-sounding iems.
- Isolation is mediocre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back