A Mooview: Beyerdynamic DT250-80: Initial Impressions
Oct 26, 2001 at 7:48 AM Post #16 of 21
Well moo-man,

Your review is certainly timely, as I just got my dt250-80's this past tuesday. I harranged you guys for a few days last week (thread: "commuter solution") and thanks to Neruda, I DID NOT buy the Senn HD25sp which were sort of the frontrunner. Of course the V6 contingency weighed in early and often, but I wasn't buying. I broke out ye old credit card and went to town. I followed the advice of many and gave them a decent burn in. Chandos version of Shostakovich Symphony #7 (huge piece) at mid volume level for about 12 hours and then a 24 bit 96 khz rate version of Aaron Copland pieces at higher volume for another 8 hours. Then the moment of truth...I must say that I am totally satisfied with this purchase. I still love my HD580's for home use, but coupled with my Total Airhead, the dt250-80's are one kick butt "solution" to my commuter needs. The really good news is that I am on the list for an JMT Altoid Amp...let the good times roll...Thanks for a solid review.

Oct 26, 2001 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 21
the beyer bandwagon is filling up I see
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 4:25 PM Post #18 of 21
roll-man: glad you like them! They're really fantastic headphones IMO. I also agree with window's (that's going to be your nickname from now on
wink.gif
) description of their sound. I'll be posting my own review sometime this weekend, I believe.

Oct 26, 2001 at 9:31 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by briantf27
RollsDownWindowsManually - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a funny username.

I must say, that is pretty original ... BTW, welcome to Head-Fi RollsDownWindowsManually!

Oct 26, 2001 at 9:54 PM Post #20 of 21
First thing I thought when I saw RollsDownWindowsManually's name was, "Man, that long name is messing up the table formatting on this small monitor!" Second thing I thought was that the person is either related to MooGoesTheCow, or is trying to one up him for the most original name award.
wink.gif

BTW, welcome to Head-fi, RollsDownWindowsManually!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2001 at 5:09 AM Post #21 of 21
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! I use this name on some other non-headphone related forums as well.

I thought of the alias after I got my '99 Pontiac Grand Am and it didn't have power windows, a fairly unique feature (or lack of feature) for a vehicle of this year model. Oh well, the window motors would probably suck precious current from the electrical system which I desperately need for my pair of 500 watt Phoenix Gold amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back