A Meeting in Germany???
Sep 19, 2006 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dr.morton

500+ Head-Fier
I would love to see a Head-Fi meeting taking place here in Germany. Since the World Cup is over I think we should aim for another big time event
3000smile.gif

Is there anyone interested???

Sep 25, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 11
I may be living in Germany next year, probably in Bavaria. And it seems to me there's a lot of German members here nowadays even aside from Lini.

Sep 25, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG
probably in Bavaria.

Good for you!
wink.gif

Well, well, people can barely keep their enthusiasm for a german meet under control it seems...

Why though? I think it's a great idea, although I surely don't have time or resources to organize one.
Are there really that few of us around?
Or are people just not interested?
I stumbled about the threads re. the NL meet and it would seem to me, that a lot of people from the north-west were rushing there.

Sep 25, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 11
If it's somewhere in South Germany, I'd try to come. My parents live in Munich and I have to stop by there from time to time anyway.

In 2004 we had a small meet at Jan Meier's place, which is about a 2-3 hour drive from Munich.

Also, if there's really a force behind this undertaking, it might be a good idea to also advertise on hifi-forum.de

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 11
Actually, definitely in Bavaria... I'll be looking for a job preferably in Regensburg, but if I can't find anything there, then around Nuernberg or maybe Neumarkt. But I definitely won't have a car.

I should be in Regensburg for the month of January, but I probably won't have time to go to a meet or anything.

Oct 21, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #6 of 11
I'm certainly interested in a meeting in Germany
biggrin.gif

Due to a lack of proper hifi shops there's actually no chance of getting to try your own or other high-end headphones with a broader variety of associated gear.
I'd really like to see a meeting taking place in Germany, even though I'm from NRW while most of you seem to focus on Southern Germany as a possible place to host this meeting. Of course I'd prefer for it to happen somewhere more in my vicinity, but I think - given a broad enough lineup - I'd also consider a voyage to the more remote places.
Actually it would also be kind of interesting to see what people are behind these names on the forum too... because after all, we're kind of an unusual bunch around here
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 11
Oh yeah... forgot to add that I would bring the following (it's also in my profile, but this is so that we can summarize better):

- Sennheiser HD650s + Oehlbach cable (+ Stock cable)
- Grado SR-60s
- Eventually some (old version) Beyer DT880s I could borrow from a friend if anyone's interested
- Rega Ear Amp
- Tons of Progressive Rock/Metal CDs
- My cheapo interconnects
biggrin.gif

- Some cheapo earbuds for a good laugh
biggrin.gif

So far I can see having some free weekends coming up. Now it would be up to potential hosts to make some suggestions for a concrete date.

Nov 4, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 11
Why is it that all you people are living in the south? Berlin, lads! Sure, there's no work to speak of, but the cafes, the clubs!

Here's what I bring to the table if I can make it:

3 sets PMB Jecklin earspeakers
K340, K400, K260
DT990 (vintage), DT531
MB 95, MB 55x
wonky DDR orthodynamics
possibly some SR-225 and oddball old electrostats.
KSC-75 and ep-630, why not.

a Gilmore Lite, Go-Vibe V5 on the amp side, hopefully before any meet a better dac than my TBAAM, but that too, why not.

Nov 5, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #10 of 11
I should visit this sub-forum more frequently, it seems - haven't noticed this thread before... Anyway, having just moved back from Hannover to Munich, I'd prefer it to be somewhere around here, too. And for anything bigger than a local mini-meet I'd rather suggest to let the Winter season pass first, so the ones who come from farther away can make a nice weekend trip out of it.

DanG: Regensburg is a nice city - I guess, I'd prefer it over Nürnberg, if only for the much better dialect.
evil_smiley.gif
And you might find Neumarkt to be a little small... Well, Regensburg: The Dom is one of the most beautiful Gothic catherdrals I know - and also make sure to visit the city musuem while you're there. It's a good one with plenty to see, especially about the Roman history of Regensburg (= Castra Regina). Regensburg is also very important for the Bavarian cuisine, 'cause it's the origin of Händlmeier mustard, which is as much an essential accessory for your usual Weißwurst as a good Brez'n. If you're looking for a good brewery restaurant in the city centre, Kneitinger is the place to go. Another interesting sight a few km outside and down the Donau is the Walhalla, a big building looking like an antique temple, which my grandgrandgrand(grand?)halfuncle Ludwig I. had built by his dearest architect Leo von Klenze in order to exhibit marmoreal busts of famous and important Germans there.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 14, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 11
Hey, a South-Germany-Meet?

Count me in if it's in Munich! (that's were i live atm
eggosmile.gif
)

My Rig:
- Harmann/Kardon HD970 cd-player
- Corda Aria + HD650, and of course my newest toy,
which is not even here yet, the
- RSA Hornet "M"
- iPod80GB with TURBODock V + TURBO mini-to-mini V

i think we could definetly work some out, he?
Even if it's just a mini meet
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back