A Love Supreme on HDTracks in 96/24
Oct 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #32 of 44
LFF: Thanks very much for that. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #34 of 44
It still has the "glitch" we were discussing earlier, though, AFAIK.  I don't know why -- or I don't like the fact that -- HDTracks still sells it without a mention.  They're supposedly getting it replaced, but so far I haven't heard that they have. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #35 of 44

Quote:
It still has the "glitch" we were discussing earlier, though, AFAIK.  I don't know why -- or I don't like the fact that -- HDTracks still sells it without a mention.  They're supposedly getting it replaced, but so far I haven't heard that they have. 

Yes...it's still there. Looks and sounds like an ADC glitch or encoding glitch. I can easily fix it but I know a lot of people can't and totally understand your frustration.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #36 of 44
LFF -- what does one need to fix it?  I have no idea how that's done -- or is it just something to be best left to professionals? It's crazymaking to me.  The music is supposed to be transporting, and that glitch causes a severe crash!

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #37 of 44
I just purchased some music from this site in FLAC. I tried to use Media monkey to transfer files to my Sansa Fuze and for some reason they wont play.Doesnt the Fuze support FLAC ? I downloaded the latest Sansa Fuze firmware too, but still no dice. Any suggestions on what to do. Thanks in advance.

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #41 of 44
I just downloaded A Love Supreme today, and as it was downloading I went reading this thread. And saw the issue that people were having in 2010 regarding the track Pursuance. Well I don't hear anything at 4:21, but at 4:17 there is a cracle/static noise in the left channel.? Is this the problem or is it something new?
This HDTracks Download Manager should use some CRC error correction checking to just to make sure its not an error from the download.

May 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #42 of 44
HDtracks has removed this album the website. Anyone know why?

May 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:
HDtracks has removed this album the website. Anyone know why?

Probably because of that glitch everyone was bitching about.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #44 of 44
After trying hi-res downloads several times (and experiencing a few glitches from unknown causes) I have to admit that I don't see enough change in quality to warrant the expense and effort involved.   Comparing the hi-res music to SACD on my EMM CDSA-SE and to Redbook from a dedicated MacBook, I am not blown away.  The difference is no where near the difference I experience when using Amarra Mini on ALAC files of 44/16 rips.

So I decided to do a little research on why this might be, and here is what I came up with:

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I am not an audio engineer, just a fan of great music.  I would love to hear what others have to say on this score.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back