A LOD for iPod Touch?
Aug 22, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 10
I'd suggest contacting one of the many cable makers on these forums and having one made to your exact specifications.

I've used stevenkelby twice in the past and I recommend his work. Other known and trusted cable makers include barqy, Punnisher and TURBO, among others.

Aug 23, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 10
yeap, get 'em from one of the DIY'ers..... but before you embark on that path I should warn you that the SQ gain from the headphone out of the 'Touch' is not much when using the LOD. I have an ipod touch32 using a lod and fed to my pico and the sound difference is not much when using IEMs. If you're planning on using a full-headphone such as a HD650/K701 with the 'Touch' then by all means get an amp and LOD.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slow4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so, the line out or the touch doesn't sound better than headphone out?
This is not a good news! :frowning2:

It certainly does, but the difference is small enough that you shouldn't expect anything very substantial. Provided you're using a good amp, you should hear a slight improvement when using IEMs.

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 10
One question, please...
The dock connector of the Touch is the same used by a generic iPod or is different?
Just for example, a cable good for an iPod Classic will work also with the Touch?
Many thanks!

Aug 23, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slow4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question, please...
The dock connector of the Touch is the same used by a generic iPod or is different?
Just for example, a cable good for an iPod Classic will work also with the Touch?
Many thanks!

Yup, same ol' Dock Connector.

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It certainly does, but the difference is small enough that you shouldn't expect anything very substantial. Provided you're using a good amp, you should hear a slight improvement when using IEMs.

Opss!, and what about this? http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/ip...ne-out-306539/
confused.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 10
If you need one, contact Stevenkelby. He made one for me, the build quality is awesome, his service is excellent, he is really friendly and his prices are pretty good. I asked for one with a female jack on it to use with many mini minis, he made it for me and I love it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back