A little situation with a cross-ship.
Feb 13, 2008 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

legcramp

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyways, I am in a trade with a member here, his headphones for mines, I had him ship first to provide a tracking number then I will send out the headphones o n my end. He didn't have any feedback and I had plenty.

So he gave me the tracking number, I was ABOUT to ship out my headphones today but according to him, the package was sent out from his place, San Diego area, but today it updated instead of going to my place, which is also in California, it's "In Transit" to Memphis TN!!!!!!!

864048996204 -Fedex

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 10
Fed Ex has a sorting center in Memphis. It's a bit bone headed but yah, that's not all that uncommon to see.

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 10
It could be a glitch within Fedex and is actually headed to you. I'd call them to find out. And if it is going to Memphis for sure, then I would definitely hold on shipping your stuff. Can the shipper show you a receipt (scan and email or fax) showing where it was sent?

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 10
I think that's a main hub of Fedex, where the packages get sent first then to be redistributed, IIRC.

Edit: "Fedex: A global provider of transportation, logistics, e-commerce and supply chain management services, headquartered in Memphis."

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fed Ex has a sorting center in Memphis. It's a bit bone headed but yah, that's not all that uncommon to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that's a main hub of Fedex, where the packages get sent first then to be redistributed, IIRC.

Edit: "Fedex: A global provider of transportation, logistics, e-commerce and supply chain management services, headquartered in Memphis."

Wow...that explains why Fedex is typically the most expensive out of UPS, Fedex, and USPS.
eek.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 10
Hmmm still waiting for a response from the shipper, but it's weird how I am only 2 hours away yet they have to make the package go across the country then back.

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #8 of 10
Fedex like to ship thing around.

I remember a thread where the package goes back and forth a few time but I cannot find it now.

Here an example

todbot blog » 2006 » February » 27

From Australia to LA then goes to Memphis and back to LA before delivery.

EDIT: here an other example

http://www.josesandoval.com/images/FedExTracking.gif
As you seen the package is in Mississauga where it's supposed to be delivered but it make a detour by Indianapolis then torronto then back to Mississauga.

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 10
Thanks for letting us know!
Hopefully everything is fine, and that the parcel will arrive safely at your place.

Feb 15, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 10
Fuel costs and container space drive a lot of these shipping zig-zag patterns. I've seen a Memphis stop on many, if not most of my Fedex business. I still consider Fedex the carrier to use when it absolutely, positively has to get there overnight (and you need to know where it is at given time). It's an amazing company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back