A little help please; How do I publish pictures from my computer to a thread on this site.
Oct 26, 2008 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Podtweaker

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry to bother everyone , but I would really appreciate it if someone could walk me through sending in some pictures from a folder on my PC. I got to a point where the web publishing service wanted a password but this was my first use of the service & I just made one up that it didn't like so I'm stumped. Thanks.

Oct 26, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 18
1. Upload the picture to an online host (ImageShack, or like)
2. Link to the picture in a post, using code like this: Code:

Code:
[left][img]Full_uri_to_picture[/img][/left]

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Other option is register to photobucket and then host the picture from there.
They have generous quota too.

I use Photobucket after a very patient member here walked me through it step by step last year
bigsmile_face.gif

It must be simple to use if I managed to use it
biggrin.gif

Oh, dj - what IS the quota for PB? Where do you find that info?

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the moment for free subscription, you get 1GB storage for your photos, and 25GB bandwidth a month for you and other people to view your pictures.

Thanks dj
smily_headphones1.gif

That IS a very generous allowance!

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 18
Thanks everyone, I will give these suggestions a shot(& you will be able to see my "shots" when I figure things out! hopefully this old dog can learn new tricks. As Jimmy Durante was fond of saying "I got a million of em". Quips not pictures.)

Oct 27, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 18
Imageshack.us is what I use. It works but I might be moving toward Flickr since my library on Imageshack is getting a bit to large.

Both work well for posting pics on forums, websites etc.

Oct 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about techPowerUp! :: Free Image Hosting no quota no limits. And no login system hehe
smily_headphones1.gif
It is a very basic picture hosting service but it works and runs of some fast servers.

Ok, now I'm testing... this is an early Christmas gift to myself. Being the Big Guy at the North Pole has its perks!

IMG_2057547.jpg

Hey! It worked!

Oct 27, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, now I'm testing... this is an early Christmas gift to myself. Being the Big Guy at the North Pole has its perks!

http://img.techpowerup.org/081027/IMG_2057547.jpg

Hey! It worked!

Wow! Nice shoe dryer you got there...
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um wayne, did you get singlepower to customize the prints for you?

that's badass.
biggrin.gif

-Kris

Yup. Mikhail said I could call it anything I wanted to.

"Cayman Style" came to mind immediately because of my love for escoveithed fish, which really came from Jamaica. But as the story goes in Cayman (or as they say here, "What I've heard on the Marl Road"), nobody could ever remember how to spell the word "escoveith" properly, so it became known locally as simply, "Cayman Style fish."

I thought that was a perfect name for my SDS-XLR, given that I haven't the faintest clue as to what it going on inside of those big, pretty boxes, but I'm sure it will sound as good as Cayman Style fish tastes. The irony, of course, is that like Escoveitch fish (which comes from Jamaica) my SDS-XLR is not Cayman Style at all - it was designed and built be a Russian guy living in Denver!

Google Image Result for http://lenaskitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/escoveitch_snapper.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back