A little help needed choosing Over-Ear headphones.
Jan 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ArjunCheema

New Head-Fier
Hey there!

I just recently started to look for new headphones, but I'm having a bit of trouble. The thing is, I want headphones like my Shure SRH750DJ's but a pair of cans that are more comfortable, and have a bit more bass.

I do realize that the 750's already pump out good bass, but I enjoy the bass that's more noticeable, instead of it being detailed and crisp, more pronounced and slightly boomy (call me a basshead if you wish). The other problem is that my headphones make my head hurt a bit. They compress my head and ultimately give me a headache, which is disappointing considering the quality of them.

This leads to my question. What kind of headphones can I buy that fit the criteria? Here are a few that I checked out:

- V-Moda Crossfade M-100
- Sennheiser Momentum Over Ears
- Beyerdynamic DT990 (250ohm)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S

Those are all the ones I have looked at some far. If you would be able to tell me which ones you would buy, or have any suggestions for better headphones, please, let me know!

I'd appreciate any responses about Over Ear headphones.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Arjun.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 12
Hello,

You might miss the mids of Shure headphones if you go for M100 and Momentum Over-ear earcups may be too small to be called over-ears. IMO ATH-M50 is a rather side grade for you. Not sure about the DT990 though.

If you want something comfy + bass, you can look into the AH-D600. It have everything you need! To me, they are really bassy [considering I am not a fan of bass] but the mids is not at all recessed to my ears

Hope it helps
Billson

Jan 18, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 12
I can't seem to find any AH-D600s, but I remember trying them out at a local electronics store near me and I really liked them. Are there any headphones just like the AH-D600s?

Thanks!

Can't think of any headphone that will sound like AH-D600 but if you can fine one of those Denon AH-D600, it's a really good choice for your needs

Billson :)

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #10 of 12
Hey, everyone!

Just thought I'd give you a little update on the headphone situation!

I just ordered the DT990s/250ohm today! I'm so excited. I'd like to thank you all for helping me out and I'll let you know about how satisfied I am with them.

The AH-D600s weren't able to be bought, so my second choice was the DT990s.

Have a great day and talk to you soon!

Best regards,
Arjun.

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 12
Check out Fidelio L2. I don't want to exaggerate but it's prob better than AH-D600 in terms of balance, looks and weight.

I was able to buy the DT990s for less than the Fidelios, so I got them instead. Thanks for your suggestion! 
dt880smile.png

I believe the OP wanted something closed for outdoor purpose :)

Hopefully these open headphones don't make it impossible to wear outside, let's see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back