A little DAP advise
Nov 22, 2023 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

slackyboy

New Head-Fier
Hi all. I haven't got a dedicated music player since my Classic Apple Ipod days. I have narrowed down my choices to the following:

1.Astell&Kern - A&norma SR35​

2.HiBy - RS6​

3.TempoTec - V6​

4.Astell&Kern - KANN ULTRA​

Some advise on which i should go for, either from above or something else would be appreciated.

Nov 22, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #2 of 8
I honestly prefer the iBasso Dx240 to those. Still around and a the new model coming. Should be soon and you've waited this long... No need for secondary apps to play HiDef with QoBuz/Tidal etc within the Android shell with full Android versatility and a 2nd non Andriod OS available for a small footprint local file OS if preferred.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi all. I haven't got a dedicated music player since my Classic Apple Ipod days. I have narrowed down my choices to the following:

1.Astell&Kern - A&norma SR35​

2.HiBy - RS6​

3.TempoTec - V6​

4.Astell&Kern - KANN ULTRA​

Some advise on which i should go for, either from above or something else would be appreciated.
What's your budget? Are you willing to purchase used? Can you describe the type of sound and tuning you desire?
While I haven't heard it, the V6 seems to be a good sounding dap at a great price. Just depends on which features are important to you.

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 8
I prefer a nicely balanced sound. I also prefer new. V shaped is mostly to my liking but i love to experiment. Budget is flexible from US$ 500 to US1500. The only thing is, I usually listen to Apple music and was wondering if any DAC can match the smooth performance of IOS. I have both Iphone and Android and somehow find Apple music not only sounds better on the IOS environment but also many features work smoothly compared to Android. Therefore my hesitation. Also I dont have TIDAL or Qobuz in India yet!. Therefore my mind keeps wondering what to do.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 8
The A and K have streaming apps tucked away in a menu not as a home screen app. If you only stream like me that might be annoying. I was looking at the SR35 but gave it a miss for this reason alone.

I have used a FiiO M11 Plus and the Apple Music app is as good as identical to my iPhone 15 except not as fast, but it is fast enough.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 8
The A and K have streaming apps tucked away in a menu not as a home screen app. If you only stream like me that might be annoying. I was looking at the SR35 but gave it a miss for this reason alone.

I have used a FiiO M11 Plus and the Apple Music app is as good as identical to my iPhone 15 except not as fast, but it is fast enough.
Aaah thought so. I use the Fiio R7 as well and all is good except for the fact while using gapless playback there is a stutter between the songs. Thanks for the A and K info and yeah i get you.

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 8
Went ahead and got the SR35. Sounds very good. Using my Monarch MK3 and my Hifiman Edition XS. Both sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back