A little breast beating from a proud pappa
Jan 9, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #16 of 36
Congrats Rick, we here soon will have a new DIY mod...

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #17 of 36
That's great, but your Wife must hate you!
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

That's great, but your Wife must hate you

She wishes she could kick my a*s all the time
icon10.gif

Being around me has always been about a "love you/hate you" thing.That and those who want to BE me who failing must also hate me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 36
Sounds like a bright future ahead! He can go the Rebel route and design boutique guitar amps, or go the refined and rich route by designing power amps for Fabio, or even go the epic route and help an architect figure out a custom electronic layout for a landmark building. And on the side he can take a break and build any amp you like out of perf board as long as you print out the layout from the internet
tongue.gif
Congrats on teh win!

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #20 of 36
more impressive than his honor roll, to me, is his confidence.

nicely reared... mazel tov!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #21 of 36
Congrats Rick, sounds like a great kid.
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
My youngest has AGAIN made the honor rolls (becoming a damn habit)and another letter from the city mayor to put on my my wall in the "rogues gallery" of mini-me acheivements.

This boy never ceases to amaze me and when he chose a technical high school over a generic public high school I was caught a bit off guard.Then when he decided to choose electronics as his major when he never once before showed an interest I thought he was just emulating "dads interest" as a show of solidarity and tried to have a "are you sure about this ?" discussion.
Since he has consistantly gone on to score in the 90's in every single marking period in all things math/science/electronics related I guess the boy knew what he was doing after all and has a bright future ahead of him.

Damn cool so I am beating my own chest and bragging a bit even though he did all the work figuring good genes must account for something so I can also take a bow
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think its somewhere around 20% Genes, 80% how he was brought up.

Congrats Dad, and Good work, son!

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
My youngest has AGAIN made the honor rolls (becoming a damn habit)and another letter from the city mayor to put on my my wall in the "rogues gallery" of mini-me acheivements.

This boy never ceases to amaze me and when he chose a technical high school over a generic public high school I was caught a bit off guard.Then when he decided to choose electronics as his major when he never once before showed an interest I thought he was just emulating "dads interest" as a show of solidarity and tried to have a "are you sure about this ?" discussion.
Since he has consistantly gone on to score in the 90's in every single marking period in all things math/science/electronics related I guess the boy knew what he was doing after all and has a bright future ahead of him.

Damn cool so I am beating my own chest and bragging a bit even though he did all the work figuring good genes must account for something so I can also take a bow
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey, I never graded below A in anything up to high school (except that one maths a-level I forgot to show up for) and I got a good 2:1 from Cambridge University. Now I live in a tiny apartment and earn less than $20k a year. I'm happy exactly like this, but depending on your definition of "bright future", don't relax yet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #25 of 36
"Bright future" is wherever you are happy.The Comfort Zone we all seek out.
Better a poor man laughing than a rich man with misery for company though being miserable already I would not mind some extra loot to keep me company in my misery
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 9:36 AM Post #26 of 36
Rick, you done good with that boy.
icon10.gif

You and Mrs Rickmonster are quite right to be proud. I agree with whoever said that it is more the parenting than the genes. You two did a good job with Jeff. Although I am sure that his mothers smart genes did help him along.
very_evil_smiley.gif
icon10.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #27 of 36
Old thread resurrected but the little monster did it again
icon10.gif

I just got the numbers and am expecting the "old news" letter from the city mayor again with the famable "congrats".

The numbers are encouraging if only because of the strong subjects.I see a 98 in geometry,a 96 in analog electronics and in general mid to upper 90's across the board in all things math and science.Tells me he is a STRONG thinker which I went out of my way to make all my boys but this is the first one to scare the begeezers out of me because he is not only as smart as me but is the only one I have to work overtime with in a battle of the wise cracks.The boy actually holds his own and most adults can not say that without lying
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #28 of 36
My youngest and only just made another big poop! Hopefully she can grow up to do more important things in her life as your child has! But, for now, I'm happy with the big poops...
biggrin.gif

Slade

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #29 of 36
Congrats to a great kid and father. Didya get one of those "My Child Is An Honor Student at (school name)?" Unfortunately, my parents liked their car bumpers nice and clean
rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #30 of 36
Good job for you and your son, he sounds like a great kid. You're cool for bragging about your son's academic achievements. It seems where I live its ok to brag about your child's athletic performance, but no one wants to hear about a child's academic prowess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back