A little breast beating from a proud pappa
Jan 9, 2006 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
My youngest has AGAIN made the honor rolls (becoming a damn habit)and another letter from the city mayor to put on my my wall in the "rogues gallery" of mini-me acheivements.

This boy never ceases to amaze me and when he chose a technical high school over a generic public high school I was caught a bit off guard.Then when he decided to choose electronics as his major when he never once before showed an interest I thought he was just emulating "dads interest" as a show of solidarity and tried to have a "are you sure about this ?" discussion.
Since he has consistantly gone on to score in the 90's in every single marking period in all things math/science/electronics related I guess the boy knew what he was doing after all and has a bright future ahead of him.

Damn cool so I am beating my own chest and bragging a bit even though he did all the work figuring good genes must account for something so I can also take a bow
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 36
Congratulations, Rick. Besides the good genes, you must have done some other things right along the way.

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 36
Congrats man!

Title was a bit misleading though..
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 36
That's very cool. Nothing makes me happier when I see my kids hard work payoff. Did I mention my son had hat tricks yesterday and today.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #7 of 36
Congratulations. What’s the young mans name?

“he decided to choose electronics”

Hey it’s hard to find good analog designers today. Designing power supplies is a lost art in engineering.

It’s a big beautiful market and I hope you pursue it.

Mitch

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
Congratulations, Rick. Besides the good genes, you must have done some other things right along the way.

lol
biggrin.gif

congratulations Rick , I'd be proud and glad as a Kong too

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 36
Thanks guys.I just had to share the moment of pride with anyone i could get to listen and being a captive audience.....................
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

What’s the young mans name?

Jeffmonster.Kinda like rickmonster but smaller faster lighter and maybe smarter
very_evil_smiley.gif

Actually his name is Jeffry.A name I always thought to be a cool one yet rare enough to be not too common.
A real "guy" name so maybe enough that he would not need to learn martial arts by the age of four just because his name was "soft" or so uncommon it would make him a target for the school years bullies that are always looking for a crack of daylight to wiggle in their mean streak at another humans expense.Bullies always look for anything that stands out be it physical,mental,the way a person dresses or anything that makes them uncomfortable.

Big mistake though.His "next up" older brother is named Joseph so when I go to say something to one or the other it usually comes out J.....J....JJJ.....Goef !
And that always brings on the hysterics no matter how serious I am trying to be which then cracks me up since I laugh way too easy and what I started out to say forgotten entirely
icon10.gif

NEVER name two children with the same exact sylabic beginning to their name if you value not sounding like the fool when you trip over the name in the moment
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

It’s a big beautiful market and I hope you pursue it.

Actually just a couple of weeks ago he filled out a resume' for a major local electronics firm which when I seen the requirements involved then asked "you up to this Jeff ?You know you don't have any time with ORCAD " and his response was "hell yes I am.What I don't know I will learn on the job." I looked at my son with a touch of awe.Bravery is also to be commended at the age of 16.Not false bravado but self confidence and a charge forward nature is to be admired.
The cool part is with a technical school is way more hands on than it is textbook so no matter what your field you are in the field during your final years actually learning your craft and it all goes towards the credits total.Imagine drawing a real paycheck during school hours and getting credit for it !

Carpenters build an actual house to graduate.Plumbers are on a construction site laying pipe.Electricians wire,computer techs corporate system design work.All which readies the students to move on to higher education or if not right into the work place with skills and a jump on apprentice work.all cool

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
NEVER name two children with the same exact sylabic beginning to their name if you value not sounding like the fool when you trip over the name in the moment
rolleyes.gif

LOL Where was this advice two years ago? It seems the only time I mess up the names is when I need to discipline one of them. Kinda ruins the Father Authority thing when you can't even get the kid's name straight.

Jan 9, 2006 at 10:04 AM Post #12 of 36
Felicidades to Jeffrey and the proud papa. You are probably doing something rigth old pal. Congratulations to you and Susan for a job well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back