A little about the Shozy Alien
Oct 19, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #2,071 of 3,124
Anyone know what's happening with the Shozy Gold? I pre ordered ages ago and have yet to hear a peep. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just wave bye bye to my money :confused:

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #2,072 of 3,124
You should try get a refund, Shozy said this 5 months ago:

"Finally we decided to put a halt to Alien's production, that means the Gold one will not come this quick before we solve some problems. More precisely we see something that we can improve on, and that could take quite some time. The coming Alien will be ''different'', better & stronger".

It sounds like the Gold Alien was actually cancelled, and will only appear in the next iteration of Alien, at least that's what I gather from the statement.

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #2,073 of 3,124
You should try get a refund, Shozy said this 5 months ago:

"[COLOR=141823]Finally we decided to put a halt to Alien's production, that means the Gold one will not come this quick before we solve some problems. More precisely we see something that we can improve on, and that could take quite some time. The coming Alien will be ''different'', better & stronger".[/COLOR]

[COLOR=141823]It sounds like the Gold Alien was actually cancelled, and will only appear in the next iteration of Alien, at least that's what I gather from the statement.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=141823].[/COLOR]

Thanks for the info. I've sent an email to Null Audio and asked them to instead ship me the black version and just refund me the price difference. If the Gold was cancelled by Shozy I'm rather perturbed Null Audio would continue to take pre-orders.

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #2,076 of 3,124
Went to add some music to my SD card this morning and the card doesn't go in or out properly now, had to carefully pull it out with a tiny screw driver and now it doesn't lock in place. Any suggestions? Leaving for Japan in the morning and would really like this to be working. I have an X3/E12 DIY as a backup but the Alien sounds so good and fits in my pocket 

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #2,077 of 3,124
  Went to add some music to my SD card this morning and the card doesn't go in or out properly now, had to carefully pull it out with a tiny screw driver and now it doesn't lock in place. Any suggestions? Leaving for Japan in the morning and would really like this to be working. I have an X3/E12 DIY as a backup but the Alien sounds so good and fits in my pocket 

easiest way is to add a sticker on top of the sd card so in case anything happens just pull it out.... try push and pull lightly a few times and the socket will work again most likely lol

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #2,078 of 3,124

easiest way is to add a sticker on top of the sd card so in case anything happens just pull it out.... try push and pull lightly a few times and the socket will work again most likely lol

Played with it some more, didn't seem to click in properly but it seems to be working at the moment, hopefully it stays working. Thanks for the advice

Nov 14, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #2,083 of 3,124
The Alien is so great. I wish this would be a more competitive niche: small, uncompromising sound, affordable. Add better battery life and it would be perfect. Heck I'd even tolerate a simple LCD browser if that would make it sell more. 
biggrin.gif

I don't need to access my whole collection on the go. I do most of my listening on my laptop anyways so I can get a dac/amp like the geek out that will trounce any DAP costing up to several times more than it SQ wise and foobar which trounces all DAPs usability wise.

Nov 14, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #2,085 of 3,124
Oh no...H20Fidelity has removed the alien from his combo...dx80 is now his new love :blink:

Conclusion 1. iBasso DX90 / Tralucent 1Plus2 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Conclusion 2. iBasso DX80 / Fidue A83
Conclusion 3. Pono Player / Aurisonics ASG-2
Conclusion 4. Colorfly C4 / Grado 325e
Conclusion 5. Cozoy Aegis / Ety ER4S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back