A little about the Shozy Alien
May 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #1,894 of 3,124
I got my Alien today. I think it was the last one that Penon Audio had in stock. I was a bit surprised to see it so soon, only five days after I ordered it. That's pretty good from Hong Kong to central Canada.

I'm not sure what I can about it that hasn't already been said many times in the127 pages of this thread, but I will say the praise is deserved. The sound out of this little guy really is good. I've been listening to it through my Grado RS2s because I don't currently have any IEMs that do it justice. Now I'm going to have to go back and read this thread all over again to decide what to get to pair with the Alien.

May 22, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #1,895 of 3,124
  I got my Alien today. I think it was the last one that Penon Audio had in stock. I was a bit surprised to see it so soon, only five days after I ordered it. That's pretty good from Hong Kong to central Canada.

I'm not sure what I can about it that hasn't already been said many times in the127 pages of this thread, but I will say the praise is deserved. The sound out of this little guy really is good. I've been listening to it through my Grado RS2s because I don't currently have any IEMs that do it justice. Now I'm going to have to go back and read this thread all over again to decide what to get to pair with the Alien.

Better late than never hey? 

Alien does have a tendency to be addictive, or if you get bored you can just stare at it for hours. 

Also, just because Alien has halted production we (the fans) won't abandon the thread.

I'm quite persistent to reach page 500 (at least)

May 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #1,896 of 3,124

Alien does have a tendency to be addictive, or if you get bored you can just stare at it for hours. 

Also, just because Alien has halted production we (the fans) won't abandon the thread.

We'll do what we can.

May 22, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,897 of 3,124
OK I'll help get this to 500 pages (1 page for every unit sold?).

I took this on international travel for the first time. I was worried because of its unusual and somewhat threatening look I might get hassled at security but I didn't.

It's so nice having such a small device. I just stuck it in my shirt pocket and forgot about it all trip.

May 22, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #1,898 of 3,124

We'll do what we can.

Let me do my part here... another post from me :wink:

...373 more pages to go :D

May 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #1,901 of 3,124
I've ordered some Etymotic ER-4s to go with my new Alien. Due to working at home, I haven't done a lot of portable listening lately, so the 'best' IEMs I had on hand were Shure 315s. The Alien really revealed just how crappy they were. Using them with a Rockboxed Sansa Clip, I had managed to EQ them enough that they were tolerable to use long enough to shovel the driveway in the winter or cut the grass in the summer, but that's about as long as I could stand them. After listening to the Alien through my RS2s and then going back to the Shures, the shortcomings of the 315s were too much to take. Hopefully the Etys will do the Alien justice.

May 22, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,903 of 3,124
  I've ordered some Etymotic ER-4s to go with my new Alien. Due to working at home, I haven't done a lot of portable listening lately, so the 'best' IEMs I had on hand were Shure 315s. The Alien really revealed just how crappy they were. Using them with a Rockboxed Sansa Clip, I had managed to EQ them enough that they were tolerable to use long enough to shovel the driveway in the winter or cut the grass in the summer, but that's about as long as I could stand them. After listening to the Alien through my RS2s and then going back to the Shures, the shortcomings of the 315s were too much to take. Hopefully the Etys will do the Alien justice.

ER4S is a good choice and pairing for Alien. theres not much between an ER4S / Pono player or Alien.

I actually own the Ety and think its quite capable, even at the 100ohm rating Alien does them justice.

May 22, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,904 of 3,124
Next to my x3ii

After happily using the x3ii for weeks, the alien was kept in my drawer untouched for a long time. The thought of selling my alien ever crossed my mind. Then one fine day I had a listen again using the alien, I concluded and decided that while the x3ii to me is very good buy (sound, ui, features...), sound wise, the alien is still very musical, special, and not yet replaceable by my x3ii.

May 22, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,905 of 3,124

ER4S is a good choice and pairing for Alien. theres not much between an ER4S / Pono player or Alien.

I actually own the Ety and think its quite capable, even at the 100ohm rating Alien does them justice.

That's good to hear. I'd been wanting an excuse to buy some ER-4s for a while. I considered the Fostex TE-05, but decided to just go for the Etys and be done (hopefully).

I'm expecting to be doing a fair bit of mobile listening now that my doctor has told me I really need to get my fat arse in gear and do some walking or other physical activity. Since I want to live long enough to see this thread reach 500 pages, I plan to follow his advice. Hopefully, the new rig will help with the motivation. So, it is entirely possible that the Alien has saved my life. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back